BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Anyone recently purchase a new 330i Perf Pkg (ZHP)?

3100 Views 46 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Ira Wilinsky
I'm curious to know if anyone recently purchased a 330i Performance Package (ZHP) and what you paid. I know that BMW is giving the dealer a $4200USD incentive. My local dealer (Erhard BMW) will only discount $2K off of sticker. I know what invoice is for the car with options (Cold Weather, Xenon, ZHP), I just want some firepower when I start "wheeling & dealing." Thanks in advance.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
I have not purchased a 330 ZHP, however, I am familiar with dealers in SE Michigan, as I live about a mile from erhard farmington hills.

In my experience SE Michigan dealers are not willing to deal a whole lot. I bought from a dealer in Toledo last year who is willing to deal (ie give credit for whole incentive).

On the other hand you're looking for something pretty specific, and I don't know how many ZHP's are actually left....(but then again, aren't they still producing coupes for a while?)

That deal sounds about right for Erhard....I don't think you'll do much better there.
I bought my ZHP last October from BMW of Ann Arbor and I payed $7k below invoice (ironically, the car was negotiated without leather and I got it at a no cost option, definitely meant to be). However, the car was available on the lot (actually in Minn.) and they were trying to make year end sales figures.

The only way you can finesse the price would be to first shop around, locate one on a lot... which is key, and be able to walk away from the deal at any moment.

Not sure if BMW is still having its special financing deal from last year... hopefully for you, yes.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
WOW!!! $7K below invoice. I located a vehicle in upstate NY. They are suppose to get back with me on Monday with a price (they are closed due to the holiday weekend). I am armed with all the information I need from edmunds.com to get the best possible deal. I just wanted to know how everyone else faired.
wheel-man said:
I bought my ZHP last October from BMW of Ann Arbor and I payed $7k below invoice (ironically, the car was negotiated without leather and I got it at a no cost option, definitely meant to be). However, the car was available on the lot (actually in Minn.) and they were trying to make year end sales figures.

The only way you can finesse the price would be to first shop around, locate one on a lot... which is key, and be able to walk away from the deal at any moment.

Not sure if BMW is still having its special financing deal from last year... hopefully for you, yes.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Are you sure they're closed today and tomorrow???

I've NEVER heard of a car dealer closing two days because of ANY holiday.
greekzilla said:
WOW!!! $7K below invoice. I located a vehicle in upstate NY. They are suppose to get back with me on Monday with a price (they are closed due to the holiday weekend). I am armed with all the information I need from edmunds.com to get the best possible deal. I just wanted to know how everyone else faired.
A family owned dealer can close or limit operations. But it is strange.
alpinewhite325i said:
Are you sure they're closed today and tomorrow???

I've NEVER heard of a car dealer closing two days because of ANY holiday.
Definitely lucked out, and can't take all the credit. Had my old man as my wing. Talk about a shrewd buisnessman and negotiator... I definitely have a lot more to learn.

But the key is always to be able to walk away as if it doesn't matter when you don't think you're getting as good of a deal as you expect with respect to invoice, mark-up, value, etc. Great psychological/buisness tactic.

And don't let them mark-up for option packages on the car in NY. Not your problem. You didn't order it, and they can't move it. So a definite armament in your negotiation repertoire.

Good luck.
greekzilla said:
That's the story they gave me.
Who did you deal with in AA?
wheel-man said:
Definitely lucked out, and can't take all the credit. Had my old man as my wing. Talk about a shrewd buisnessman and negotiator... I definitely have a lot more to learn.

But the key is always to be able to walk away as if it doesn't matter when you don't think you're getting as good of a deal as you expect with respect to invoice, mark-up, value, etc. Great psychological/buisness tactic.

And don't let them mark-up for option packages on the car in NY. Not your problem. You didn't order it, and they can't move it. So a definite armament in your negotiation repertoire.

Good luck.
The sales person's name was Dewy Sims (sp?). Good guy, loves the cars, professional. And as most sales people, doesn't know as much as the buyer.
greekzilla said:
Who did you deal with in AA?
carsdirect is your friend, it shows $7000 off MSRP for me.
greekzilla said:
I'm curious to know if anyone recently purchased a 330i Performance Package (ZHP) and what you paid. I know that BMW is giving the dealer a $4200USD incentive. My local dealer (Erhard BMW) will only discount $2K off of sticker. I know what invoice is for the car with options (Cold Weather, Xenon, ZHP), I just want some firepower when I start "wheeling & dealing." Thanks in advance.
you mean MSRP right?
greekzilla said:
I bought an Imola Red ZHP a month ago. Only option was Xenon lights and it was $34,500. I think the sticker was $43,050, so I got a good chunk taken off. I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I had an 02 330ci Sport that I traded in --- I love the ZHP so much more.

Cheers...
See now that is how you do it!

I went to the $tealer last night to test drive a CPO that they ended up lying to me about. When I said it wasn't good enough he says "oh with the incentives right now we can get you a fantastic deal on a new car".

So, there it was Titanium Silver ZHP, only option was xenons. Sticker was just under $43K.

Now, this guy knew that I knew about the incentives and all that. Still...he said the best they could do was $39K... :mad:

That, and he would only offer 12000 at the max for my trade-in. My kbb trade-in value is over $17K!

I don't expect them to match KBB, but come on!
Let's lie to our customers and then try to screw them over on another "deal".
Bastards. :thumbdwn:
wineguy330zhp said:
I bought an Imola Red ZHP a month ago. Only option was Xenon lights and it was $34,500. I think the sticker was $43,050, so I got a good chunk taken off. I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I had an 02 330ci Sport that I traded in --- I love the ZHP so much more.

Cheers...
Maybe KBB is totally clueless on the value of your trade?
the_s_rabbit said:
It sounds as if you visited my local dealer. They contacted me to let me know that they located a ZHP and stated if I acted fast that he can offer me $2500 off sticker. The sticker is around $42500. After some homework, invoice is $38000, the dealer to manufacture incentive from BMW is $4200...they are making approx $6200. I called the dealer and told him to "pound sand." I offered him $3800 below invoice. Let's see what happens.
the_s_rabbit said:
See now that is how you do it!

I went to the $tealer last night to test drive a CPO that they ended up lying to me about. When I said it wasn't good enough he says "oh with the incentives right now we can get you a fantastic deal on a new car".

So, there it was Titanium Silver ZHP, only option was xenons. Sticker was just under $43K.

Now, this guy knew that I knew about the incentives and all that. Still...he said the best they could do was $39K... :mad:

That, and he would only offer 12000 at the max for my trade-in. My kbb trade-in value is over $17K!

Just as an FYI-my '05 330i with performance package arrived at the dealership yesterday, and I picked it up today. My specs are Imola Red with Alcantara/Cloth, Xenons, and CWP. MSRP was $41,995. I got the $4200 incentive and the best I could negotiate was $1700 dealer profit. Final cost before taxes was $35,955. Not as great a deal as others might have done, but from what my dealer said this was one of the last Imola Red/Alcantara manual transmission cars coming into the US.

If the car has been sitting on the dealers lot for a while then it would be more likely to get it for cheaper.
Howdy,

I picked up my 05' 330i ZHP- Jet Black-Black Leather-Black Trim- Heated Seats- Xenon & NAV.

Car was a bit over 44k. I drove away paying 37k. This was a few hours ago. I'll post some pics soon. :thumbup:
greekzilla said:
Any ZHP's left at that dealership? If yes, which dealership in NJ?
jnvrgs said:
Howdy,

I picked up my 05' 330i ZHP- Jet Black-Black Leather-Black Trim- Heated Seats- Xenon & NAV.

Car was a bit over 44k. I drove away paying 37k. This was a few hours ago. I'll post some pics soon. :thumbup:
Actually,

There weren't any.. At least not that I saw. This particular vehicle was actually pulled from another lot somewhere else. This was the only car that matched what I wanted.

The Dealership is Park Ave BMW on Route 17 North. You can always try them but I believe that any dealership you go to will be able to check the same inventory as all the others. I used 3 different dealers to give me a price quote on the same car... Park Ave offered the lowest.. :)
greekzilla said:
Any ZHP's left at that dealership? If yes, which dealership in NJ?
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.