BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm a newbie to the BMW world and just got a 2006 blk/blk 325i. It came stock with the 10 speaker audio system which sounds ok but nothing to spectacular. Has anyone checked out Reus Audio Systems before and if you had work done by them what did you think of it. What did you get done to the car? They are located in Orange, CA and mostly work on high end luxury cars. I saw them at the LA Auto Show last January and if anyone has every heard their systems before they know how great they sound. When I went there today for them to look at the car they said for it to sound amazing they would have to install 4 tweeters in the front of the car (2 in the rearview mirror and 1 tweeter in each of the storage compartment located in the door) along with 2 subs and 2 amps in the truck. Also, they said they would have to rewire the existing stock audio for the speakers to perform at their optimal level. They said that they would leave the factory headunit along with the amp and speakers but enhance it by rewiring them. All work done they said would look like factory and they would keep the integrity of the car intact. I am thinking of having Reus Systems install the system in the car but it costs $4000. I am a little hesitant due to the fact that we are talking about $4000. If anyone out there has had them work on your car let me know what you thought. Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
So to break it out:

4 new tweeters
2 subs in trunk
2 mono sub amps in trunk
replacing stock harness wiring with Monster cable or some such
Use existing head unit and amp as well as all other speakers

$4000? That sounds to me like it would add up to a system that would play hip-hop/rap better due to it's increased bass capability, but I don't think it would be as good on regular music as the regular Logic 7 upgrade.

For four grand I would think you could get a total upgrade (all speakers & amps) and then some. I'd shop around a little before making your decision.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Be careful with upgrade that could void your factory warrenty, if you are going to spend $4K on a stereo you migh as well trade your car in and get the OEM logic 7.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts