Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was a thread here somewhere , I just can't seem to find it. ARD, Doug or IPCapital, I'm depending on you here :)

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I know there was a thread here somewhere , I just can't seem to find it. ARD, Doug or IPCapital, I'm depending on you here :)

They did mine under CPO. They thought it was EGR, turned to be pressure converter. Got new EGR too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,797 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I changed mine when I did the vacuum hoses. I wish I had left them alone but I was chasing down a boost issue that left no codes. A vacuum hose DIY will get you most of the way there.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,474 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had vacuum issues when I first bought my 35D. The lines to the waste gate valve and EGR rubbed, got hot, and cracked. Once I replaced the lines I didn't any more problems. I tested the opened % value of the EGR in ista. Before I replaced the line I could barely crack 5% open on the EGR, after replacing the line I had no problem reaching the 55% (or whatever the top value was). The pressure converter for the EGR was a pain to get to: on the other side of the engine, tucked in the back corner under the intake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts