BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are hundreds of "iPod my BMW" threads on here, but what's one more...

Can anyone provide any feedback on the DICE Universal RDS Kit? I originally saw it on EAS, but it appears to no longer be available on their site. (Tom??) With all of the iPod questions, I am surprised not to hear more about it.

I have the 04 745LI and I am not willing to invest in the expense of a mObridge adapter, I can't find much information on the Dennison Gateway kits in the US, I don't think my hands are steady enough for the tuner mod and being in LA, there are no empty stations for an FM transmitter.

I am curious how the 120 dollar Dice kit is different from a 30-40 dollar FM Modulator kit off of Amazon. It appears to be the same technology.

I am also curious if anyone can provide any feedback on the sound quality, product quality, ease of install (I have seen Paul's website, read the manual, and looked through the TIS already), etc.

Thanks!

·
European Auto Source
890 Posts
I know there are hundreds of "iPod my BMW" threads on here, but what's one more...

Can anyone provide any feedback on the DICE Universal RDS Kit? I originally saw it on EAS, but it appears to no longer be available on their site. (Tom??) With all of the iPod questions, I am surprised not to hear more about it.

I have the 04 745LI and I am not willing to invest in the expense of a mObridge adapter, I can't find much information on the Dennison Gateway kits in the US, I don't think my hands are steady enough for the tuner mod and being in LA, there are no empty stations for an FM transmitter.

I am curious how the 120 dollar Dice kit is different from a 30-40 dollar FM Modulator kit off of Amazon. It appears to be the same technology.

I am also curious if anyone can provide any feedback on the sound quality, product quality, ease of install (I have seen Paul's website, read the manual, and looked through the TIS already), etc.

Thanks!
The Dice Universal RDS kit is an FM Modulated kit which is actually better than a transmitted kit that usually produces a lot of static and noise as your drive along. We unfortunately though do not sell the Universal RDS kit, but you can go directly to Dice to pick up a set.

If you don't want to make a purchase for the mObridge, which will be the best kit possible for your car, the Dice RDS is the second option for you.

Dice can help you directly with any additional questions. :thumbup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why did EAS pull the kit?

Thanks for the note, but I am curious why EAS pulled the kit from the site. I saw it on there up until just before the holiday, but when I went back to order after Christmas it was gone.

Were there problems with the item?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts