BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
To the OP - check out BimmerForums.com - the e38 forum. There is tons of info of for this product & the Dinavin (sp?) product over there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
re: the DVN E39 headunit

did you buy the unit...what did you put it in...and how has ir preformed...does it bypass the trunk unit?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Says E39 and E38. Weird. Iv done aftermarket systems on both E38's and E39's and there not the same in that area. Maybe they sell the E38 one with a differant housing but the one in the pic is E39 and wont fit unless you do some custom work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
if you do it let us know how it turns out. I love the look of the stock unit, but I am having some issues with it. My changer works in the trunk, but the AM/FM and tape deck do not work most of the time. I am not sure how to fix this without getting a hole new unit, and don't really want to do the single din aftermarket look.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Heard it does not fit e38 due to the length of the head unit. When installed it hits the rear fan casing. Makes the unit stuck out by a few inches

·
Registered
873 Posts
When you view the standard widescreen unit from the front, the cassette housing at the rear is offeset to the left on left hand drive cars, and to the right on right hand drive cars. This difference means that the R/H drive version will not fit L/H drive cars, because the cassette housing fouls the aircon duct behind it. It follows that any other unit that has part of its structure in this area will not fit either...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts