BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 528ix with the Goodyear run flats. I have 35K on them and thinking of replacing. BMW quoted 330 + Tax. Tire Rack with install and shipping added is about 50 less per tire.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I have used them several times, but not recently. Always had a great experience. Had the tires shipped to one of the reccomended installers and was equally impressed with the shop.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have used them many times, most recently last month. Have them shipped to one of their top rated, recommended installers nearby. All good.

·
Registered
889 Posts
i buy all my tires there in the past 10+ years, good prices but with shipping i end up only saving about < $30. it's their selection which is terrific.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Tire Rack is great. Besides selection and VERY FAST (always next day) shipping, their prices are always competitive. When I needed 2 rear tires last month for my 911, my dealer got them from the Tire Rack!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
YEs ... several times during the past 8-10 years. My toughest situation is finding a tire shop in my area that won't screw up my wheels. So, to be honest, for my BMWs I use Tirerack prices to leverage my dealer price and even if it costs me $20-$25 more per corner, I know that my rims will remain pristine. BTW, shop thru the link in my signature when you shop at tirerack or other on line stores; earn some extra cash rebates -- usually enough to help cover shipping or taxes.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I agree. Have used them in the past with success.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Tirerack is awesome! It's the only company I use for any tire/wheel needs.
Very reliable, fast and responsive.
[email protected] is a forum sponsor. Reach out to him with any questions. He's a great guy, knows his stuff and very easy to deal with.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a 2012 528ix with the Goodyear run flats. I have 35K on them and thinking of replacing. BMW quoted 330 + Tax. Tire Rack with install and shipping added is about 50 less per tire.
I've used them for every car I've owned with great results. They have a wider variety & I've saved more money over the dealer & even local tire shops.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The best place to buy tires now is tirerack. Superb service and great pricing. No issues with getting defective tires replaced immediately if they fail hunter road force balance. I have used this company for 8 years for all my cars without issues. Highly recommended!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes, I've used them before and they were great. My new tires showed up in 2-3 days sitting outside my garage in gold wrapping. Nice touch.

-gh

·
Registered
740 Posts
I recently purchased a set of winter tires from Tirerack: Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 245/45-18, as these are expensive and slow to get in San Diego. The price was good but tires were made in 02/12 - nearly three years old. Also recommended installer was a rip off charging me $150 vs advertised $100 total ($25 per tire rate posted on Tirerack website).

I brought up both issues with the Tirerack: they offered me $150 refund for tires being old - I accepted, mainly because of the time pressure of my upcoming trip, however were completely unaccommodating about the installer pricing. I am still intended to pursue it as a matter of principle.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
discount tire price matches tirerack.com + $10 shipping per tire. I've been going to them for years since they are local and easy to deal with in the event of a road hazard. I got 3 "free" tires through the certificates with no questions asked.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I find the tire I want from TireRack, then take the price sheet to my local tire store just down the street, and he matches the price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts