BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting winter tire setup for my car. Anyone use winter tires on their 6 series ? Is it drivable with snow tires or don't even bother?

·
Registered
523 Posts
It won't be a problem.

·
Registered
523 Posts
With snow tires, you should be fine driving around in the 6. I use all seasons and I had no problems getting around last year.

·
Registered
166 Posts
For me .....I have a winter car. I had a seven series a few years ago that had low profile tires.....even with snow tires the car could not move with more than 1/2 inch of snow. I cant imagine that this car would be any better.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For me .....I have a winter car. I had a seven series a few years ago that had low profile tires.....even with snow tires the car could not move with more than 1/2 inch of snow. I cant imagine that this car would be any better.
Wow, really that bad ? I wonder how the Germans make thru winter driving their BMW's in the snow.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've heard a lot saying the 6 is manageable in the snow although obviously not ideal. This is my first winter with the 650 and I just put bridgestone blizzaks on it. Figured I'd see how it goes.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've heard a lot saying the 6 is manageable in the snow although obviously not ideal. This is my first winter with the 650 and I just put bridgestone blizzaks on it. Figured I'd see how it goes.
did you get the LM-25 runflats ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
My old 325is and my 528i are the worst in snow. All the weight is in the front with pozi rear. I figure the 6 would be the same even with traction control. Had to buy an all wheel drive for winter . My 6er does not see the snow or SALT!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
did you get the LM-25 runflats ?
Yes - bridgestone blizzak LM-25 runflats. As i suspect is the case for many factory 6'ers - my summer tires are on staggered rims: 245's up front and 275's in back. So I got new matching 245 rims for the back and have the 245/45R18's all around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts