BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to use it on my 2005 M3. Just started again, pretty good so far. In south Florida the rain just rips the wax right off. I'm hoping this will be better.

Everyday, the car gets pounded, stinks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes and have since 2006, great stuff, expensive and a bit complicated if you follow their recommendations....BUT there is no better IMO.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I used to use it on my 2005 M3. Just started again, pretty good so far. In south Florida the rain just rips the wax right off. I'm hoping this will be better.

Everyday, the car gets pounded, stinks.
I've used it. Does a nice job and gives the requisite "wet" look.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I've used it many times, and like it. Z5 Pro is terrific, but if using it for the first time, Zaino advises using their "accelerant" first - which apparently helps to bind the product to the paint and increase durability. But it is somewhat difficult to apply and remove, and time consuming, although no question it's durable and a really good product. I found Meguiars Ultimate Wax (liquid) that I now use on all my cars. I really like it and can do a entire car in 30 minutes. And it lasts and gives a nice wet shine. Try it - terrific stuff.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Have used it and like it. Smells really good too.

I second Meguiar's Ultimate Wax. Have used it once on the X5 and I find it's much easier to apply and wipe off.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
It was big years ago, but has become less popular. Menzerna Power Lock seems to be the popular one nowadays, at least in the detail forum. I've got a bottle, it is easy to work with and performs well I'd say.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'd used it exclusively since 2003, but just switched about two weeks ago after much research.

The new approach I tried was polishing with a machine polisher and Menzerna finish-grade polish, then sealing with two coats of Menzerna power lock.

It's a big difference - the polisher makes a dramatic difference in gloss, but I think three coats of Zaino offered more depth than two coats of Power Lock.

I'm going to try P21s Concours wax over the Power Lock this weekend. Hopefully will get the depth back.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I've been using Zaino exclusively for the past 6 years or so on all of my cars. I like the ease of use by hand as I've never used a machine polisher. The paint used by each vehicle manufacturer makes a difference as well. For example, my black Acura MDX had a deeper shine than my black MB ML. I've also never used the accelerator. I let each product/step sit for about an hour. Time consuming, yes, but extremely easy.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I've been using Zaino exclusively for the past 6 years or so on all of my cars. I like the ease of use by hand as I've never used a machine polisher. The paint used by each vehicle manufacturer makes a difference as well. For example, my black Acura MDX had a deeper shine than my black MB ML. I've also never used the accelerator. I let each product/step sit for about an hour. Time consuming, yes, but extremely easy.
I used Zaino on many of my cars, but used the accelerator for the initial application. As good as the product is, I found that I got just a good results using Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax - plus I can do an entire car in 30 minutes as there is no cure time. And like Zaino, no residue.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The problem with the Meguiars is when I go through a thunder storm it's gone. I'm going to test the Zaino for this. So far my car is outside and no water spots after a week of rain. I'm interested in that Manzerna though next.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you want very simple and pretty durable, try Optimum OptiSeal. Simply wipe on and....done. Seems to last and you can also extend coverage by using as a drying aid.

·
Registered
679 Posts
The problem with the Meguiars is when I go through a thunder storm it's gone. I'm going to test the Zaino for this. So far my car is outside and no water spots after a week of rain. I'm interested in that Manzerna though next.
I haven't found that with Meguiars, and my car is outside. Still beads up beautifully. Zaino is very durable - when I used it, I did so every 3-6 months at most. And not necessarily because it required reapplication. But those were for garaged cars. Manzerna may be great, but it has lots of steps - I don't have the patience anymore... :tsk:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've been using Einszett "Glanz Wax" and it seems to hold up pretty well, easy on and off. Any idea how it compares to the Zaino and Meguiars mentioned above?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was impressed with Meguiars Ultimate.....until....I used Meguiars 21 professional sealant. I think it's a hybrid wax sealant formula. In any case, if you like Ultimate, you'll love 21

1 - 15 of 15 Posts