BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, has anyone visited Imola and toured the F car factory on their ED?

If all goes well, I might be in Europe on an ED, and would love to check out Imola. Hmm, how about Pagani? Do they have factory tours? :dunno:

Would showing up in an M3 painted in Imola Red help? :bigpimp:

No, the M3 will not be mine. :angel:

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
e36M3r said:
I drove right past there in my Imola Red M3 about 2 weeks ago.. no problems! :p
I am trying to avoid asking on the F chat board, which is why I am posting here. So do they have factory tours?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
We didn't stop in Imola. We did go to the F test track in Fiorano. I posted that after and discussion ensued, the concensus was only if you are an owner, will you get a tour. We were happy standing by the test track and watching Shumi take his first ever laps in the 2005.

Me and Shumacher

Attachments

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
e36M3r said:
We didn't stop in Imola. We did go to the F test track in Fiorano. I posted that after and discussion ensued, the concensus was only if you are an owner, will you get a tour. We were happy standing by the test track and watching Shumi take his first ever laps in the 2005.

Me and Shumacher
Yeah, wasn't that killer watching Schuey flog it at Fiorano?!
You generally must be a Ferrari owner to set it up. Although if you have a friend who's an owner with a good relationship at a dealer, you can also get it done.
Only reason I didn't do the tour is that they were closed for tours when we were there in May. Next ED it's a must-do!
BTW, I'm sure you're welcome to ask at F-chat. We're generally pretty nice and enthusiastic.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Stuka said:
So, has anyone visited Imola and toured the F car factory on their ED?

If all goes well, I might be in Europe on an ED, and would love to check out Imola. Hmm, how about Pagani? Do they have factory tours? :dunno:

Would showing up in an M3 painted in Imola Red help? :bigpimp:

No, the M3 will not be mine. :angel:
Well, the F-car factory is in Maranello, not Imola, no? The museum is open 365 days a year. I plan to hit it on my way North from Florence back to Munich. If the Mrs. lets me, I'm going to sneak over to Fiorano and try to catch some testing.

Where is the track in relation to Maranello proper?

I'll probably learn all I care to know about Imola next week when I'm at the San Marino GP watching the action at Rivazza.

Instead of wearing any BMW F1 stuff, I thought I'd go "neutral" and wear my Masters golf tournament hat.

-MrB

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
mrbelk said:
Well, the F-car factory is in Maranello, not Imola, no? The museum is open 365 days a year. I plan to hit it on my way North from Florence back to Munich. If the Mrs. lets me, I'm going to sneak over to Fiorano and try to catch some testing.

Where is the track in relation to Maranello proper?

I'll probably learn all I care to know about Imola next week when I'm at the San Marino GP watching the action at Rivazza.

Instead of wearing any BMW F1 stuff, I thought I'd go "neutral" and wear my Masters golf tournament hat.

-MrB
Did you go to the Masters?
I watched the action on my new 56" HDTV. Wow was that a religious experience!

The Firano track is about 2km North of Maranello town center. You can't miss it 400m North of the Factory gates on the West side of the main road. Leave your wife to enjoy pastries and capuccino at Tavola Calda which is really close to where you'll be watching from. If you sit with her inside, you'll know when the F1 car takes to the track. Goosebumps.
Enjoy the Race!
-Rob

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
emdreiSMG said:
Did you go to the Masters?
I watched the action on my new 56" HDTV. Wow was that a religious experience!

The Firano track is about 2km North of Maranello town center. You can't miss it 400m North of the Factory gates on the West side of the main road. Leave your wife to enjoy pastries and capuccino at Tavola Calda which is really close to where you'll be watching from. If you sit with her inside, you'll know when the F1 car takes to the track. Goosebumps.
Enjoy the Race!
-Rob
I didn't go this year; but I did get to some practice rounds in 2002 and 2003, including the Wednesday Par 3 contest. My ticket hookup lost his hookup, so I haven't been back since. I tell myself that I'll enter the practice round lottery every year, and every year the deadline comes and goes without me entering. I did get to watch the final round this year in HD on my new 50" plasma; simply amazing. The drama gets better evey year, really.

Thanks for the tip on Fiorano. We're definitely going to the museum; but we have to get up to Bolzano that day, so hanging out waiting for someone to test (when they could just as easily be testing at Monza or Mugello that day) would be quite boring.

I'm very excited about seeing the race in person; I've only recently become an F1 junkie. Hopefully they'll let me bring in my camcorder (or at least my still camera) so I can get some pictures for my gearhead friends.

-MrB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.