Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My daughter purchased a CPO 2017 x5 x35. Should this have come with apple car play or was it not standard at the time. I am getting conflicted info on this.
Tom

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m pretty sure it was standard at the time. My 2017 X5 35d has it but I did learn that if you got the AT&T unlimited WiFi, it would not work with my Apple Car Play so we don’t use car play. BMW and Apple really don’t get along. Before buying I saw no overt references to this incompatibility. Fool me once, shame on me...

I also never saw the Apple Car play on the options so that’s why I believe it is standard on a 2017.

Good luck, it might require contacting a BMW dealer and getting it Turned On?

·
Glfbggy
588 Posts
It is available for purchase standard, not included. Go out and register, if you haven't already, for BMW Connected. You'll see what is available for your vehicle there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello all,
My daughter purchased a CPO 2017 x5 x35. Should this have come with apple car play or was it not standard at the time. I am getting conflicted info on this.
Tom
It was on my 2017 x5 x35i. I bought it CPO last year.

·
Glfbggy
588 Posts
It was on my 2017 x5 x35i. I bought it CPO last year.
The previous owner probably purchased it via BMW Connected. I have the option on my '18, but I my phones are Android. If my wife, with her iOS, drove the '18, we would probably purchase it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a 2017 CPO a month ago. It is my understanding that at the time it was sold, it was not standard. I know this because i was able to pull the sale sheet on mine and it showed that the original owner paid the 300$ fee to have it enabled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts