Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2017 manufactured F34 (330i GT). My car has the touch screen iDrive which supports CarPlay. After trying with the BMW dealer here without success to activate CarPlay, decided to do this using fake FSC codes.

I bought a set of FSC codes which also came with a .bin file. Being a total newbie, I was under the impression that it is enough to load the FSC file related to Apple CarPlay. When I tried to load the FSC code for application ID 143, I got an error SIG_CHECk_FAILURE. I did not load any other FSC files.

While searching about this error, I found information that to activate CarPlay, I will have to also do a HU patch using the .bin file which will delete all original FSCs and then I have to load all the fake FSCs, and that this method will not work after I-Step 18-11.

I then checked the I-Step and found that the I-Step is F020-18-11-531. The car came with an I-Step of F020-17-07-505. But a couple of weeks back when I had taken the car for a regular oil change service, they flashed a new firmware into iDrive to solve some issues (screen switching randomly, local media was not listed).

This is the mess I have created so far.

Below is the FSC certificate status I read using E-Sys.

--> Read the state from "1" ECU(s) <--

HU_NBT2[DiagAddress=99(0x63)]

RootCertStatus not available
SWSigStatus accepted
SWTApplications
----------
AppID 158(0x9E)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus not available
FSCCertStatus not available
----------
AppID 160(0xA0)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus accepted
----------
AppID 368(0x170)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus not available
----------
AppID 111(0x6F)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus not available
----------
AppID 159(0x9F)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus not available
----------
AppID 156(0x9C)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus accepted
----------
AppID 229(0xE5)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus not available
----------
AppID 298(0x12A)
UpgradeIndex 42(0x2A)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus accepted
----------
AppID 323(0x143)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus rejected
----------
AppID 366(0x16E)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus accepted
----------
AppID 367(0x16F)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus accepted
Other than CarPlay not being activated, all features like navigation etc are working fine in the HU. Now I have the below questions.

1. Is there any possibility to enable CarPlay without having to worry about a future software update from the dealer wrecking the system.
2. If not, is there a way to remove the fake FSC certificate that I loaded to the HU and bring it back to its original state? So that in the future if at all BMW offers CarPlay this fake FSC does not spoil that.

Thanks in advance for your inputs and guidance.

·
Super Moderator
7,064 Posts
1. New method of activation via ENET. But, update will overwrite and you will need to reactivate.
2. Only by flash programming.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. New method of activation via ENET. But, update will overwrite and you will need to reactivate.
2. Only by flash programming.
Thank you.

1. In the new method using ENET, will all the FSC codes in the HU replaced with new set of fake FSC codes? Will all other existing functions like navigation, speech etc. work as before? Where can I find information on how to go about this?
2. Will the flash programming bring back my HU to the same factory state with all original FSC codes and no error flags? If yes, how do I do this?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Hello!

1.) Yes, your old FSCs will be deleted and replaced with the new FSCs incl. Apple Carplay.

2.) Yes, your HU will work as before.

3.) You have to buy a new fsc set incl. Apple Carplay for your car. Upload will work with special tool like femtoevo or featureinstaller directly via enet connection to your car (enet-obd-cable is required).

CU Oliver

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello!

1.) Yes, your old FSCs will be deleted and replaced with the new FSCs incl. Apple Carplay.

2.) Yes, your HU will work as before.

3.) You have to buy a new fsc set incl. Apple Carplay for your car. Upload will work with special tool like femtoevo or featureinstaller directly via enet connection to your car (enet-obd-cable is required).

CU Oliver
Thanks for the details.

Regarding #3, I already bought a set of FSC certificates for Apple CarPlay. I was not able to upload these because of the 18-11 I-Step upgrade. So, if I get a tool like femtoevo, is it possible to use this same set of FSC codes?

·
Super Moderator
7,064 Posts
Thanks for the details.

Regarding #3, I already bought a set of FSC certificates for Apple CarPlay. I was not able to upload these because of the 18-11 I-Step upgrade. So, if I get a tool like femtoevo, is it possible to use this same set of FSC codes?
You cannot use one solution with another developer's tools. If you previously purchased, then, may be able to get updated set that will work with ENET-based tools.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts