Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Using the iDrive controller. I found a bunch of videos on YouTube from bimmertech by searching for “CarPlay mmi bmw”. I’m pretty tempted to take a crack at this as it doesn’t look too difficult.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That doesn’t look difficult at all. I just don’t like the use of the AUX. That indicates the sound comes from a 3.5mm cable instead of the lightening or USB cable. It would also suggest that the phone would allow for volume control on the phone itself. Bluetooth audio allows for the same control. Not that it’s a bad thing, but I prefer a set volume and not one that could be blasting as soon as the audio comes on. Great idea, however. I did something similar to my Mercedes before I traded it in for my F01. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
yea im buying it. local place has done dozens of cars. i cant see text or email on connected drive on my iphone x because BMW is too lazy to work it out with Apple on a 2016 428i. whats the point of CD if you cant get the most frequent items? very frustrating.

·
Registered
976 Posts
https://youtu.be/82GKFsRQaX4

Anyone brave enough to try? A bunch of MB X166 GL owners did something similar except they replaced the screen.
bimmerretrofit.com has one that is compatible with my 2010 CIC nav.
controlled through iDrive, will use the armrest usb and aux
I am preordering and trying it.
I am currently in Albany, Ga very different from So calif.
the car has carplay and love the feature. waze, texting etc...
wonder if it will read tect back to me as car does now. I have contacted them to send me all the features.
I was going to do a full nav upgrade to NBT this is way less expensive.

·
Registered
58 Posts
bimmerretrofit.com has one that is compatible with my 2010 CIC nav.
controlled through iDrive, will use the armrest usb and aux
I am preordering and trying it.
I am currently in Albany, Ga very different from So calif.
the car has carplay and love the feature. waze, texting etc...
wonder if it will read tect back to me as car does now. I have contacted them to send me all the features.
I was going to do a full nav upgrade to NBT this is way less expensive.

Keep us posted. I'm thinking of getting it this fall.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts