BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like there are quite a number of members asking how the Arctic Blue looks like in person.

Yesterday, me and Test_Engineer (a fellow 'Fest member) went to a BMW dealer in Frankfurt and saw the Arctic Blue in person.

It's not possible to tell whether it's green or blue or grey. It's kind of an individual paint, depending on the light, it looks different. It has a very light hue of green, some grey and a touch of light blue.

That's why I'd strongly recommend to see the paint in person, preferably under direct sunlight, before putting the order.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Alex

I am considering the Arctic Blue, the question is does it look attractive or plain? What color was the interior? Would it work with Terra or Lemon interiors? Does it have the essential BMW qualities of class and desireablity.
The difficulty in Australia is that there will be no cars here until June, so nothing real to look at until then!!

I have seen a dealer color sample in Australia of Arctic Blue and I would describe it as somewhere between Sterling Grey and Stratus Grey.

If you have any comments that would be great.

Thanks

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark,

for my taste, it's looking great. The interior was black. It would work gorgeous with Lemon, IMO.

It's much lighter than those colors you have mentioned.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Has anyone seen an Arctic with Terra interior? I've ordered mine with beige, probably would not change.... but the pics on one of the threads here of the terra look good, I do ponder how that would go with the Arctic.

·
Drives cars for a living!
3,935 Posts
Like Alex said, I would have to see it in direct sunlight before signing on the dotted line. It's really is not my taste, to me it looked like it belonged on a Toyota Camry. Some of the other Individual colors we saw were fantastic! I just about filled my pants when I saw the Night Blue.....Imagine Orient Blue with more Black pearl in it......looks damn sexy on the BMW lines! :thumbup:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Test_Engineer said:
Some of the other Individual colors we saw were fantastic! I just about filled my pants when I saw the Night Blue.....Imagine Orient Blue with more Black pearl in it......looks damn sexy on the BMW lines! :thumbup:
I looked on BMW's Individual website and did NOT see Night Blue as an option. Where did you see this? I saw a pic of a 7 series with Night Blue that looked N-I-C-E.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
U.S. dealers now have a small brochure on the E90 and I picked one up at Otto's BMW (West Chester, PA) on Saturday. In the back the have some color samples. It is interesting to compare the Artic to the T.Silver and the SG. Even with a small thumb-sized paint sample, you can see that the Artic is grey and blue and green. I can't wait to see one on the lot. I wouldn't order it, however, until I had seen it in person.

·
3,935 Posts
bimmer4me said:
I looked on BMW's Individual website and did NOT see Night Blue as an option. Where did you see this? I saw a pic of a 7 series with Night Blue that looked N-I-C-E.
:thumbup:
I saw it on an X5 and a Z4

·
Hofmeister kink ftw!1!!1!
1,482 Posts
BMW Individual, per se, is not offered to US customers. But you might be able to order some of their colors.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Bart001 said:
BMW Individual, per se, is not offered to US customers. But you might be able to order some of their colors.
I've done it before, Velvet Blue metallic. The paints are usually an additional $2k...

·
3,935 Posts
Bart001 said:
As I discussed with Alex, I think it is just a matter of finding a dealer that is willing to work with you and go through the trouble of getting all the codes.

·
Hofmeister kink ftw!1!!1!
1,482 Posts
Test_Engineer said:
As I discussed with Alex, I think it is just a matter of finding a dealer that is willing to work with you and go through the trouble of getting all the codes.
Is it a foregone conclusion that you can't get a special color on an ED? I've read a bunch of stuff online that at least implies that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
when i was in the market for an E90 i was looking at Monaco Blue or the Graphite, but when i saw the arctic, i was really impressed. It finishes really clean and nice. I got it with the sport package and the whole sport look with lower suspension makes this car very unique. I must be the only one with this color as far as I could see. I got it with the Blk leather and burl walnut, its matches nicely with the exterior since the 325 does not have the titanium trim around the windows. Here are some pics, these were taken at the dealership. Notice it looks really blue here as it was a cloudy that day.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLa...e=fromshare&Ux=0&UV=402247084247_378197818405

·
Registered
356 Posts
Are you guys familiar with Avus Silver which was available on the RS6 and the 25th anniversary S4? Sounds like Arctic Blue is a similar color?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Arctic is available on the 3-series coupes and sedans, so check out a dealer's inventory and see if they have it. I did that a few weeks ago as I am also considering Arctic. The dealer I visited had Arctic with grey (not for me) and Arctic/cream/dark burl (probably not for me), Arctic/cream/light poplar (maybe), and Arctic/cream/aluminum (maybe). In the bright CA sunshine I saw a light blue with two or three drops of green in it. I haven't gone back on a cloudy day to look again, nor did I see the gray shade that others have reported.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Look at it REALLY carefully. With the sun from one direction, I saw a beautiful silver-blue. Then with the sun at a different angle, I saw a brownish green. Another strike against it would be matching the color for touch-up or fenderbender.
Happy hunting.

·
Bimmer Dreamer
514 Posts
Look at it REALLY carefully. With the sun from one direction, I saw a beautiful silver-blue. Then with the sun at a different angle, I saw a brownish green. Another strike against it would be matching the color for touch-up or fenderbender.
Happy hunting.
Been there - Done that. They had no trouble matching the paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
I intended to order Space Grey for my 335i until I saw an Arctic 330i on the dealer lot. Most dealer inventory seems to be either black, mystic blue or some shade of grey. I decided on the Arctic with a black interior because it was something different, I like that it "Changes Color" depending on lighting/weather conditions and it doesn't show dirt nearly as bad a a darker color. I get a lot of positive comments and people ask me about the color all the time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Has anyone seen an Arctic with Terra interior? I've ordered mine with beige, probably would not change.... but the pics on one of the threads here of the terra look good, I do ponder how that would go with the Arctic.
Yes, I saw one today in that combo. And not to sound blunt, but I thought
it looked horrid. Did not match at all...

Another combo I don't like involving Terra is Montego blue. They had a lemon/Montego
on the lot today and that looked nice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts