BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assume production of the coupe ended before the plant shutdown for august? Are the convertibles still be being built? Will there be a 2007 E46 convertible or will any remaining production be 2006.

I notice you can still configure E46 coupes and convertibles on the BMW website but you can no longer order an E46 coupe.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
The web site often lags a bit.

The only E46 models still coming off the line are cabriolets -- and they're not being built for much longer -- a month or so.

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
adgrant said:
I assume production of the coupe ended before the plant shutdown for august? Are the convertibles still be being built? Will there be a 2007 E46 convertible or will any remaining production be 2006.

I notice you can still configure E46 coupes and convertibles on the BMW website but you can no longer order an E46 coupe.
They let you still play with the configurator so that you can get all excited before going to the dealer. Most people don't order cars anyways, but instead buy something in stock.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cwsqbm said:
They let you still play with the configurator so that you can get all excited before going to the dealer. Most people don't order cars anyways, but instead buy something in stock.
Probably true but the configurator really only makes sense if you can buy the car you configured. If you just want to buy something off the lot, it makes more sense to just go to the lot.

I have only once bought a BMW off the lot. I find I normally have to order them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ordering is def the way to go...usually whats in stock is chock of of options you dont really want but will take anyway to get the car asap!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW I was at my dealer today dropping off my E46 325Xit so they could look at an issue I am having with the NAV system. While I was waiting for the loaner X3, I took a look in the showroom. The only E46 I saw was a convertible. The most interesting car was an M Coupe. They also had an X5 for an unbelievable $75,000.

·
///M for Motor Sports!
2,946 Posts
No

No

·
Registered
3 Posts
E46 production

The last of the E46s has been built. I got a European delivery convertable for delivery in September. It has been built and I'm told the line is shut down.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The last of the E46s has been built. I got a European delivery convertable for delivery in September. It has been built and I'm told the line is shut down.
Congratulations on getting one of the last E46s. Time to change the name of the forum I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts