BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying an E90 in the near future and was wondering whether the disounted ED prices were negotiable. I know we get 7% of the MSRP already. Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,938 Posts
Most folks here deal a certain amount over european wholesale/invoice price. Go to the E90 Forum here for a price sheet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
They are negotiable but it depends on the dealer. A fair number of dealers in my area won't even negotiate on EDs. Check the thread in this section dealing with 'Dealers that do ED' (or something similar).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
In the very early days of E90 production, ED vehicles were coming out of dealer allocation which isn't normally the case. During that period it was really difficult to get a deal below MSRP, although some folks did.

I'm not sure if that period is over yet, but if you assume it is, then a ED E90 is like free-money that your dealer doesn't have to work for at all and doesn't come out of their allocation so you should be able to use that knowledge to your bargaining advantage.

Also, use the power of the Internet to your advantage. A lot of dealers in the "Dealers that like to do ED" thread will do what's called a "courtesy delivery" where they do all the paperwork via fedex and cut you a really good deal. Then they actually have the vehicle delivered to a dealer near you when it comes to the US. If you really want to stick it to your local dealer that isn't willing to budge off MSRP, do a courtesy delivery to his dealership after you walk out his front door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
i have been reading this ED session all day today 8+ hrs

i heard the story from 7-12% off MSRP, and also 1200 - 1500 over ED invoice price. is this all true? am planning to get the e93 325cic when it release in spring 2007, what should i be expect from that then?

pm also welcome so we dont break the rule :)

Thanks!
iceox
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,705 Posts
iceox said:
....... am planning to get the e93 325cic when it release in spring 2007, what should i be expect from that then?.....
When the E93 cic is release expect to pay full MSRP as the CIC are higly demanded and will be on the ED restriction list (i.e. If you want to do a ED, it will cost your dealer an allocation). Using history as a guide, you are likely have to wait for 12 ~ 18 month before the cic will be off the restriction list.

beewang :bigpimp:
 

·
Using SPF 45
Joined
·
3,672 Posts
iceox said:
i have been reading this ED session all day today 8+ hrs

i heard the story from 7-12% off MSRP, and also 1200 - 1500 over ED invoice price. is this all true? am planning to get the e93 325cic when it release in spring 2007, what should i be expect from that then?

pm also welcome so we dont break the rule :)

Thanks!
iceox
Although as a general matter, prices in the range you cite can be obtained with a little effort. Of course, every dealer is different, and market conditions may change things. And as bee notes, the new release of a cic won't be in the "general matter" category most likely.
 

·
Have a world-class day
Joined
·
756 Posts
palpatine said:
I'm considering buying an E90 in the near future and was wondering whether the disounted ED prices were negotiable. I know we get 7% of the MSRP already. Thanks
There is plenty of good info. on this topic here. Do a search and you'll see. Work off invoice price plus $1200-1500 which is reasonable but as mentioned above it depends on the model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
BMW_Brand said:
Everything is negotiable.
And the Rizzo method is your friend...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
beewang said:
When the E93 cic is release expect to pay full MSRP as the CIC are higly demanded and will be on the ED restriction list (i.e. If you want to do a ED, it will cost your dealer an allocation). Using history as a guide, you are likely have to wait for 12 ~ 18 month before the cic will be off the restriction list.

beewang :bigpimp:
Thx bee, :cry: another 12 month waiting beside this year and half waiting, i could get a 330cic or better by that time, should i be smile or cry, hmm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Tanning machine said:
Although as a general matter, prices in the range you cite can be obtained with a little effort. Of course, every dealer is different, and market conditions may change things. And as bee notes, the new release of a cic won't be in the "general matter" category most likely.
yeah, i saw the post of Master listing, sounds like i will give Joern Esser @ Passport BMW a try when the time comes, but as bee said, i may have to wait little longer base on the history if i want to save
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top