BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2016 750 was just delivered to a dealer on the West coast. The car includes the "Executive package", which includes ceramic controls.

I'll be flying out in 3 weeks to pick it up and embark on a 6 week coast to coast road trip.

I had my nephew check the car for damage before I complete the purchase next week with the dealer here on the east coast.

This is one of the photographs he took:

Are these ceramic controls? I thought that the various buttons surrounding the i-drive knob would be black ceramic as well.

Thanks for any assistance....

The wood, by the way, is "Light popular". I like the way it turned out....

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
I had my nephew check the car for damage before I complete the purchase next week with the dealer here on the east coast.

This is one of the photographs he took:
Good heavens man, just look at the mottling on that bright trim. Does dealer call that a finished job?

I would not accept the car in such poor condition. At minimum you should be comped free coffee or hot chocolate for life at any BMW dealer in the US.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does dealer call that a finished job?
The car hasn't been prepped yet, inside or outside. It just arrived.

At this point, my concern is limited to the ceramic controls. If they're not right, I would wonder what else is not correct, and what to do.......

·
Registered
956 Posts
They are ceramic controls

·
Achtung! Hochspannung!
2018 i3, 2020 Arcimoto FUV
1,484 Posts
Agreed, the iDrive controller has the ceramic ring and the gear selector has the ceramic side on it. Those are in fact the ceramic accents.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed, the iDrive controller has the ceramic ring and the gear selector has the ceramic side on it. Those are in fact the ceramic accents.
Thanks, that's re-assuring.

Less than 3 weeks now to picking it up and embarking on our coast to coast road trip.

There are so many features on this car that I'm looking forward to trying out....

HBH

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Ceramics have been the one option all of my cars have had that I never really paid much attention to. Everyone on here seems to love them though. Do they feel any different than the chrome or is it mostly the look?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do they feel any different than the chrome or is it mostly the look?
I'm on the east coast and the car's on the west coast. I haven't physically seen the car yet.

I'm only going by images my nephew sent to me when he inspected the car for me.

My main concern was that if the ceramic controls were missing from the build, then what else was missing.....

HBH

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i'd be more concerned about the other trim, it looks awful....

·
Registered
166 Posts
i'd be more concerned about the other trim, it looks awful....
LOL - I was not going to say anything.. but that's what's great about ordering your vehicle the way you want it. Perhaps OP did not see in person prior to ordering or perhaps they like the lighter grain. I'm a pano black guy as I don't want to see the laminated grain look but I can see how some may like the combo.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Good heavens man, just look at the mottling on that bright trim. Does dealer call that a finished job?

I would not accept the car in such poor condition. At minimum you should be comped free coffee or hot chocolate for life at any BMW dealer in the US.
I don't think you understand how dealers work. At all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts