BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
///Mpty pockets
1,963 Posts
No. TSBs only serve as a reference for mechanics to save them the time of diagnosing a routine or common issue.

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
bren said:
No. TSBs only serve as a reference for mechanics to save them the time of diagnosing a routine or common issue.
Yep... TSBs imply no warranty coverage. In most cases, BMWNA won't even let you do TSBs on CPO cars unless they are specifically required for a repair.

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
philippek said:
Agreed. Most TSBs state something along the lines of, "On a customer-complaint basis only..."
Looking at a bunch of TSBs, I see the following variations:

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Complaints of this nature are not caused by defects of material or workmanship, but rather by the environmental conditions in which the vehicle is operated. Consequently, there is no warranty reimbursement for labor or materials.

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Reimbursement for this Service Action will be via Campaign Entry.

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

So we have a "BMW never pays", "BMW always pays", "BMW pays if car is under warranty". You'll need to look at the particular TSB in question to see what the reimbursement for that specific TSB is.

·
3,365 Posts
I asked my dealer the question via email. Here's the response I got:

the answer is no. It's just like any other part of the car, which is covered by the new car factory warranty, 4 years or 50,000 miles.

But reading Terry's post, there seems to be some circumstances in which coverage will be extended.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts