BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Nope. The only new interior color is Lemon leather avail as a priority one option on the sedan. On the coupe, you can get gray, coral red, saddle brown, creme beige, or black Dakota leather.

·
mmm... carbs!
3,055 Posts
BMW really needs to revamp the choice of interior colors. The beige and the gray are just plain ugly.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, this is good. Lemon also rocks. Great contrast with black carpet and footwells. Thanks AZMPOWER!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
xspeedy said:
BMW really needs to revamp the choice of interior colors. The beige and the gray are just plain ugly.
If the beige is the same Creme Beige as in the 6er, then that is a very nice change from that traditional BMW beige. I got beige in my 545 and will never have a light colored leather again. It gets dirty way to easily and I don't want to spend my entire weekend with the "Lederlotion" cleaning it off.

BMWAG does offer plenty of cool colors. There was one called "Truffle Brown" and another called "Amethyst Brown" for the E60 that was not offered by BMWNA for us, but that looked awesome on the BMW.co.uk site. We can all thank Ralph Nader and the consumer protection lobby for the lack of choice that BMWNA gives us.

I will have to take a hard look at the Coral Red leather since it could be a nice change of pace. If I don't like Coral, then it will be Terra (if I get a 335 sedan, Saddle Brown if I get a 335 coupe).

-MrB

·
BMW Fahrer
4,674 Posts
mrbelk said:
I will have to take a hard look at the Coral Red leather since it could be a nice change of pace. If I don't like Coral, then it will be Terra (if I get a 335 sedan, Saddle Brown if I get a 335 coupe).
From what I've seen (pics), Coral Red is really red, lighter than say Imola Red from the E46 M3. Saddle brown IMO is very much like the Natural Brown from the E46 sedans. Terra is a much darker brown than Saddle. :dunno:

I liked the Tanin Red from the early E46 sedans very much, I simply fail to understand why BMW stopped offering it. :(

I'd definitely wait to see these colors in person, they can be quite different than pictured. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
adc said:
From what I've seen (pics), Coral Red is really red, lighter than say Imola Red from the E46 M3. Saddle brown IMO is very much like the Natural Brown from the E46 sedans. Terra is a much darker brown than Saddle. :dunno:

I liked the Tanin Red from the early E46 sedans very much, I simply fail to understand why BMW stopped offering it. :(

I'd definitely wait to see these colors in person, they can be quite different than pictured. :thumbup:
I've got some time; my 545 lease isn't up until the spring. I'm kind of hoping that they will have some swatches/paint samples at the 3er coupe driving event (the one that Adrian advertised) I'm going to in a couple weeks.

I'm leaning toward either of the browns with the Al trim, but a buddy of mine had a Sterling Gray (special paint order) with Imola Red M3 that was just amazing.

-MrB

·
BMW Fahrer
4,674 Posts
mrbelk said:
I'm leaning toward either of the browns with the Al trim,
At this point, so am I... wait a minute, I haven't even decided if I want to buy one! :rofl:

but a buddy of mine had a Sterling Gray (special paint order) with Imola Red M3 that was just amazing.
I'm dreaming of a car just like that! Was his an 04+ model? Because Sterling was available as a regular color until the 2003.5 model year.

Come to think of it, does your friend still have the car? I might be interested...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
adc said:
At this point, so am I... wait a minute, I haven't even decided if I want to buy one! :rofl:

I'm dreaming of a car just like that! Was his an 04+ model? Because Sterling was available as a regular color until the 2003.5 model year.

Come to think of it, does your friend still have the car? I might be interested...
It had LED taillights, so I don't know what that makes it. I know that the paint code on the shock tower said that it was an individual color, so it must have been after BMW quit offering that color as one of the standard choices. It also had SMG.

He got rid of it and is now driving an EVO IX MR which he will tweak up to probably 500hp.

-MrB

·
mmm... carbs!
3,055 Posts
drallafi said:
What exactly does "Priority One" mean?
Do a search on "priority", but basically, I believe it is only available on customer pre-ordered cars. In other words, your dealer can't order that item for stock.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
adc said:
Yup. I still have a color "square" randomly sitting around from a 2001 brochure that's TiAG and on the back, Tanin Red is listed as a color option. I thought it looked pretty cool. Then they switched to Natural Brown which I also thought was nice (but not as good as Tanin red). Then it went to Terra for '06 and um..........I won't say anything to piss off Terra owners. I'd like it if BMW NA offered more of the color palette to the US.......stuff like "Gray Blue" (okay it's an X3 color but you get the idea) would be an interesting change.

Lemon is a step in the right direction, but it isn't something we'd order. Maybe reintroduce a true brown on the 3? Truffle Brown from the X5? Natural Brown?

·
Registered
401 Posts
i still dont get why lemons only available on sedans and not coupes as well.

the coupe is growing on me lately and will most likely go with the coupe (itll be my first coupe car ever too)

but im not sure on colors yet though. some colors imo just dont make the coupe standout as nice ( like the light blue)

then again i got some tme before i choose right

1 - 13 of 13 Posts