BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Are you a BMW CCA Member?

• Yes - Why? What benefit(s) does the club offer that make it worth being a member?

Votes: 48 84.2%
  • No - Why not? What would make it worth joining?

Votes: 9 15.8%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

Long story, but at a recent local CCA board meeting, a member brought up on-line communities and that the club should embrace them. Sounds good to me, but I think they'll have a hard time embracing something they don't know that much about.

I'm looking for what Members get from the club and what non-Members think the club doesn't offer them. I know I'm kind of opening this up to be biatch session, but I'm looking for constructive pros & cons, not insults of members or non-members (other than the normal insulting of each other)

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
I personally think that Roundel magazine alone is worth the yearly membership.

I have used the member discount quite a few times at dealerships while buying parts and accessories, and have probably saved almost enough to pay the dues.

I like my local chapter's (Delaware Valley Chapter)news letter and e-mail updates. It's nice to know what meets are going on, what track events are coming up in case I want to sign up etc...

And if I decide on a BMW for my next car the rebate will come in handy :thumbup:

All in all it is very worth the minimal yearly dues.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Like Mike, I think Roundel alone is worth the dues:thumbup:

I have not utilized any of the discounting yet but that and the rebate (since my next car will likely be another BMW) are added perks.

·
10,856 Posts
I joined for Roundel and autoxes. :)

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
I joined primarily for the discount on BMWCCA NCC autocrosses and the Roundel. Another new or CPO BMW may be in cards at some point not too far off and the rebate would be nice too :D And then there's the possiblity that I may buy some accessories (roof rack stuff) for the wagon and the closest dealer to me offers a 20% discount for CCA members.

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
I joined to get discounts on parts/accessories, the Roundel, and to get myself involved in BMW CCA driving schools and auto-x's. The dinners are kind of fun too since you meet people from all walks of life that you might not normally have the opportunity to meet. :thumbup:

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
For both the Roundel magazine and discounts on parts/supplies.

The one thing I didn't realize until geomax brought it up was being able to speak with Technical Analysts. This has been great to help further diagnose the ABS/DSC problem I am having with my car. These guys are great and really know their stuff. Without speaking with the TA, I wouldn't have the leverage I needed with my dealer to get them to replace parts and check for bare wires.:thumbup:

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks atyclb for the link (I can look at past inputs)

For the couple of votes for no, please, don't be hesitant about why you haven't joined. I'm not looking to flame or get anybody flamed here.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Roundel was the first obvious benefit. Great magazine.

Going to a driving school was an obvious way to test the limits of my newly modified suspension last year, and I'm hooked. Great people, well organized events, good instruction.

I'd like to see autocrosses in my region along with a "novice" driving school (moderate speeds, accident avoidance, braking etc.) that I would feel comfortable encouraging my wife to attend (after she gets her E46 next year). Some regions already offer these events, although I can understand that regular driving schools are the priority. Maybe one day I'll have enough time and experience to help our region organize these things... :confused:

·
E30,840i,F80 M3comp,640GT
1,094 Posts
Membership

I think Roundel is great and my chapter, White Mountain Chapter, has a very useful website listing events. I'm filling out my rebate forms this week since I just purchased a 325xit via european delivery. The fact that the rebate plan now includes the X5 and the M3 is, I think, an good reflection of how BMW-NA values the 'CCA.

I actually give 'CCA memberships to a couple of buddies as annual gifts; one of whom wound up buying a CPO car, which also qualifies for a rebate.

It's fun to buy the raffle tickets, too. I mean, a 1/2800 chance per ticket for an M3 cab ain't too shabby.

Also, I just think the BMW-CCA window decal looks cool.

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Re: Membership

uter said:
I think Roundel is great and my chapter, White Mountain Chapter, has a very useful website listing events. I'm filling out my rebate forms this week since I just purchased a 325xit via european delivery. The fact that the rebate plan now includes the X5 and the M3 is, I think, an good reflection of how BMW-NA values the 'CCA.

I actually give 'CCA memberships to a couple of buddies as annual gifts; one of whom wound up buying a CPO car, which also qualifies for a rebate.
I'm still waiting on my membership materials. How exactly does the rebate program work and what do I have to do to get it?

·
E30,840i,F80 M3comp,640GT
1,094 Posts
BMW-CCA Rebate

Ackster said:

I'm still waiting on my membership materials. How exactly does the rebate program work and what do I have to do to get it?
There's actually a .PDF file explaining it all on the bmwcca.org website.

The catch for the rebate is, you have to be a member for a year to claim the rebate.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Yes, definitely a member. Have to agree that Roundel is worth it alone. No autox here in VT though.:bawling:

I guess if I moved to Maryland I could go against a couple of AWD tourings.;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.