BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
downtown houston is really really bad. i had to have an alignment done today. the service advisor told me it's probably the roads here downtown. as a result, the two worn tires i had are really worn. thankfully i was about to order new tires anyways. s03s here i come. ugh. thankfully it was alignment and not something more painful....

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah citywide not so bad, but downtown is HORRIBLE. ugh. my service advisor told me (he drives an older m5) that he blew two shocks in the past 3 months driving downtown. as far as i can tell advantage bmw downtown seems like a pretty good service dealer.

)= i forgot to tell them not to wash it. ugh, hopefully no swirlies

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
eugeneDC/TX said:
downtown houston is really really bad. i had to have an alignment done today. the service advisor told me it's probably the roads here downtown. as a result, the two worn tires i had are really worn. thankfully i was about to order new tires anyways. s03s here i come. ugh. thankfully it was alignment and not something more painful....
put less pressure into the tires when u drive in downtown houston... =)

--Andrew

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: argh, freaking crap a$$ houston roads

ayn said:

put less pressure into the tires when u drive in downtown houston... =)

--Andrew
if it was only that easy. i literally am crawling downtown and it's still beyond rough. when nate said driving downtown was like driving off road, it's not hyperbole.... )=

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
Re: Re: Re: argh, freaking crap a$$ houston roads

eugeneDC/TX said:

if it was only that easy. i literally am crawling downtown and it's still beyond rough. when nate said driving downtown was like driving off road, it's not hyperbole.... )=
hmm... trade it in for an X5 3.0 5spd?

--Andrew

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
nate328Ci said:
but, New Orleans is as bad or worse CITYWIDE
You want bad. Try Pittsburgh PA. The worst! At least they were way back in '80. Between the salt they use in the winter and the freeze/thaw cycles.... Made me wanna open an alignment shop there.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Pittsburgh? Bah. Try Boston! :) A $15B infrastructure projects changes the roads underneath you as you drive. Every time you go through a road, they change the way it's routed! Potholes abound, dips everywhere, large bumps just as common, roads in pittiful condition, traffic like nutz, drivers that are crazy, and students that are worth 10 pts each. Always an adventure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.