BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This SAV is so fun to play with doing medium off-road courses that I decided to look in to purchasing some underide protection so I don't have to baby it while praying some part of the engine won't get broken off by a boulder. The factory kit looks like a good, simple design that would serve my needs just fine, but a part of me wants to go for something more.

Should I go for the factory underride protection? :)

Or the real deal, Dakar Rally ready Hartage kit? :bigpimp:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Crap dude! That's some serious protection! I would think that kind of protection is meant for the type of off-roading that is not really appropriate for the X3. That being said, that's an X3 in that photo isn't it? I can't be sure but those two verticle pieces of plastic on the front bumber look like the X3 bumper. Hey it all depends on how serious you are about pushing that BMW off-road. To me that sounds like an oxymoron...BMW & Offroad in the same sentance. Sure it can handle a decent amount but I don't know dude. It's like putting a Land Rover on a track...doesn't make sense. LOL But to each his own. I'd love to see it once you decide what to get.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts