BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
So I went to the dealer back in December to order a 335i Coupe. They gave me the price and told me the APR for the 335i Coupe was 0.9%. Everything was agreed upon and the order was placed. They told me that even though it would take time for me to get the car (it had to be ordered to my spec) BMW Financing was going to honor the 0.9% deal.
They called me today telling me that I could come over and pick up the car. When I got there, the GM told me that the deal was 1.9% instead of 0.9% and that the 0.9% deal was never offered to the coupes. Question is, do any of you guys remember if the 0.9% deal was offered by BMW Financing for the coupes back in Dec.? I am about to walk away from the deal, not much because the difference in money, more because I feel something is not right.
Any answer would be highly appreciated.
Ciao.

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
Did you have anything in writing?

If so, use it. If not, walk away from the deal. No. Run.

This is an old trick. If they don't call you within a few hours after you walk out (oh, they will), go somewhere else.

- Mike

·
Registered
960 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you have anything in writing?

If so, use it. If not, walk away from the deal. No. Run.

This is an old trick. If they don't call you within a few hours after you walk out (oh, they will), go somewhere else.

- Mike
They called me; told me they checked 4 times and 1.9% was the APR. Nothing written, stupid me. This is the third car I try to buy from them, always a mistake. The car is there, just the way I want her. I just need to make sure the 0.9 deal was never offered. I am about to walk away and see what happens.
Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought my 328iX coupe in November and originally the CA told me the interest rate was 0.9% even though I had seen the ads saying this particular model was at 1.9. I didn't say anything about it but the CA corrected himself to 1.9% before we got too far into the deal so I let it stand. Of course, this was just the beginning of many things the CA did not know about the vehicle or features.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i remember the 0.9% were for e90s.
e92s, e93s and e91s were 1.9%.

i would take the deal since apr is now 2.9% and your car is already built to spec.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,886 Posts
They called me; told me they checked 4 times and 1.9% was the APR. Nothing written, stupid me. This is the third car I try to buy from them, always a mistake. The car is there, just the way I want her. I just need to make sure the 0.9 deal was never offered. I am about to walk away and see what happens.
Thank you for your input.
If you walk away at this point there is nothing to make them hold that car for you. In fact, there is nothing to make them sell the car to you. They could decide just to keep it and sell it to someone else for a higher price than you agreed to and finance it at the current 2.9%. IMO that would be some kind of crazy, cutting-off-your-nose-to-spite-your-face decision. You can't even remember for sure that there was 0.9% financing. If it was really that important to you you should have made absolutely sure it was stated in the deal before you made it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you walk away at this point there is nothing to make them hold that car for you. In fact, there is nothing to make them sell the car to you. They could decide just to keep it and sell it to someone else for a higher price than you agreed to and finance it at the current 2.9%. IMO that would be some kind of crazy, cutting-off-your-nose-to-spite-your-face decision. You can't even remember for sure that there was 0.9% financing. If it was really that important to you you should have made absolutely sure it was stated in the deal before you made it.
It is not that it is THAT important; it is more like "hey, this is the deal. and now "hey, this is the new deal". I dont like suprises. Never did.

He called me again, the GM and I told him I was willing to get back to the table as long as he pays a decent amount on a trade in (he wants the Porsche, I want to give him the Acura). I will come over now and see what happens.

Thanks Everyone.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It is not that it is THAT important; it is more like "hey, this is the deal. and now "hey, this is the new deal". I dont like suprises. Never did.

He called me again, the GM and I told him I was willing to get back to the table as long as he pays a decent amount on a trade in (he wants the Porsche, I want to give him the Acura). I will come over now and see what happens.

Thanks Everyone.
Wow... Porsche, Acura, and BMW and you're worried about 0.9% on the financing side?

Forgive me, but I seem a bit confused...

I'm about 90% sure the financing rate at that point on coupes was 1.9% as my friend was in the market for one during the same time period and that was the rate he was throwing around.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow... Porsche, Acura, and BMW and you're worried about 0.9% on the financing side?

Forgive me, but I seem a bit confused...

I'm about 90% sure the financing rate at that point on coupes was 1.9% as my friend was in the market for one during the same time period and that was the rate he was throwing around.
You should not be confused; as I stated before, it is not the ARP per se, but rather telling me that it was 0.9% one day and 1.9% on the other day. Tell me one thing and stay with what you say; just don't change the rules without me knowing it. That's all. I would not mind if the 1.9% deal was offered me to begin with.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are probably right, that is why I just got back home with the car. They paid more on the trade in (Acura) to make up for the mistake. It is all good now. :thumbup:

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,886 Posts
Glad it all worked out. Congrats on the new car. Be sure to post pics to your Bimmerfest garage asap.

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
That is great news! Congrats.

The "best deal" is when both you and the dealer are happy. Looks like you both won.

- Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts