BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 528I automatic and yesterday my ASC light came on as well as the ABS light and it would only shift first gear. I could drive it and shift it manually. has anyone expereice this problem? If so what was the fix?

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
I have a 1997 528I automatic and yesterday my ASC light came on as well as the ABS light and it would only shift first gear. I could drive it and shift it manually. has anyone expereice this problem? If so what was the fix?
First off, a friendly suggestion ...

Titling a thread "ASC" is not nearly as useful as using your own words:

• My ASC & ABS light came on & my 97 528i will only shift into first gear
Anyway, please see this thread for further titling hints:
- Please Use Descriptive Thread Titles - Helps The Search Activity

As for your problem, it is very common so I'm sure you found these in your search:
- What if you only have the amber ABS DSC (or ASC) bifecta (or is it a difecta) but not the amber ABS DSC BRAKE trifecta (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

The canonical DIY is here:
- E39 ABS DIY

Please note: Most people with the trifecta report back successfully; but for some reason, the bifecta team doesn't report back as dutifully; so, take it as your civic duty to read those threads and then report back what your final solution was for your bifecta. That way you give back to the team to help the next person with the bifecta.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts