BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
  • BimmerFest Mobile App is now available on iOS & Android, Learn More

Assembly Plant??

2098 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Mr. The Edge
Help, Just got my VIN but the numbers don't seem to match up with anything I've seen.... WBAEV3344PDXXXXX. I understand the WBA is BMW, and the last five are the serial number, but what assembly plant is it?? Production date is 4/26.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
I know Munich just recently added another code. If you have a designation that doesn't show up on the available decoder lists, it's probably Munich.

The best thing to do is call BMWUSA at 800-831-1117 (press selection #3) and ask them.
Hey aldo...

Email me ([email protected]) the last seven of the VIN and I will see if I can get you the plant tomorrow.

BTW- I saw an older gray 635 in the parking lot last week and you popped into mind. Do you know who owns that car?
"P" is Regensburg. Many people have reported this and that's what it says on my new 325i.
p = ?

i heard munich b y bmwusa but when the car arrived, the sticker said "radensburg" (or whatever than town is or spelled)..
Re: p = ?

jaisonline said:
i heard munich b y bmwusa but when the car arrived, the sticker said "radensburg" (or whatever than town is or spelled)..
'Regensburg' :)
Regensburg - Good or bad for quality?

Thanks. Is Regensburg one of the "good" or "bad" assembly plants with regard to quality?
Re: Regensburg - Good or bad for quality?

aldo said:
Thanks. Is Regensburg one of the "good" or "bad" assembly plants with regard to quality?
As I have posted many times on this, there's NO quality difference between the manufacturing plants. The quality control is everywhere the same, whether in Munich, Regensburg, Rosslyn or Spartanburg.

BTW, what are you getting, coupe or sedan ?
Velvet Blue 325i

Alex. A 325i, PP, Velvet Blue metallic, Gray leather...... Am looking to swap wheels for either Type 68 or 72. Looks like the 72s are 18" though and I would have prefferred 17"s. There was a post a couple of weeks ago with a comparison of M3s but I still think the colors, Techno Violet and Velvet Blue were swapped. The closest, I've seen to VB is on this site - http://www.bmw-roadster.de/My_Z3/my_z3.html
Re: Velvet Blue 325i

aldo said:
Alex. A 325i, PP, Velvet Blue metallic, Gray leather...... Am looking to swap wheels for either Type 68 or 72. Looks like the 72s are 18" though and I would have prefferred 17"s. There was a post a couple of weeks ago with a comparison of M3s but I still think the colors, Techno Violet and Velvet Blue were swapped. The closest, I've seen to VB is on this site - http://www.bmw-roadster.de/My_Z3/my_z3.html
I've seen lots of pics of Techno Violet M3's and I can describe it as looking like McDonald's Grimace:

Those in England describe Velvet Blue as looking like a Cadbury's wrapper:
See less See more
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.