BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, Just got my VIN but the numbers don't seem to match up with anything I've seen.... WBAEV3344PDXXXXX. I understand the WBA is BMW, and the last five are the serial number, but what assembly plant is it?? Production date is 4/26.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I know Munich just recently added another code. If you have a designation that doesn't show up on the available decoder lists, it's probably Munich.

The best thing to do is call BMWUSA at 800-831-1117 (press selection #3) and ask them.

·
AWD rocks
426 Posts
p = ?

i heard munich b y bmwusa but when the car arrived, the sticker said "radensburg" (or whatever than town is or spelled)..

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Re: Regensburg - Good or bad for quality?

aldo said:
Thanks. Is Regensburg one of the "good" or "bad" assembly plants with regard to quality?
As I have posted many times on this, there's NO quality difference between the manufacturing plants. The quality control is everywhere the same, whether in Munich, Regensburg, Rosslyn or Spartanburg.

BTW, what are you getting, coupe or sedan ?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Velvet Blue 325i

Alex. A 325i, PP, Velvet Blue metallic, Gray leather...... Am looking to swap wheels for either Type 68 or 72. Looks like the 72s are 18" though and I would have prefferred 17"s. There was a post a couple of weeks ago with a comparison of M3s but I still think the colors, Techno Violet and Velvet Blue were swapped. The closest, I've seen to VB is on this site - http://www.bmw-roadster.de/My_Z3/my_z3.html

20,210 Posts
Re: Velvet Blue 325i

aldo said:
Alex. A 325i, PP, Velvet Blue metallic, Gray leather...... Am looking to swap wheels for either Type 68 or 72. Looks like the 72s are 18" though and I would have prefferred 17"s. There was a post a couple of weeks ago with a comparison of M3s but I still think the colors, Techno Violet and Velvet Blue were swapped. The closest, I've seen to VB is on this site - http://www.bmw-roadster.de/My_Z3/my_z3.html
I've seen lots of pics of Techno Violet M3's and I can describe it as looking like McDonald's Grimace:

Those in England describe Velvet Blue as looking like a Cadbury's wrapper:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.