BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 530i, last of the E-39 (5/03 production). Car has unresolved electrical/battery problem and am about to engage dealer on an assisted trade (car is owned outright). What are anyone's experiences with assisted trade, how is the buy back value of the problem vehicle determined, what compensation (if any) is factored into the deal, does BMW typically try and foist a CPO into the deal, or if not, how successful has anyone been on negotiating on a like new vehicle (target would be within $1,000 of an invoice - good timing given the pending engine upgrade for the '07 5s?)? Reality check, please.

·
L C B
1,283 Posts
Is the trade taking place just because of the problem? It may be beneficial to get the '03 checked out by another dealership. I assume they would factor the "problem" into the value of the trade-in, which may be a bad thing. I'm not quite sure I grasp the situation here...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the assisted trade would be offered by the dealer of purchase (where it has been towed in 5 times) because of the problem. I do not believe another dealer would have any more success at fixing the problem (see my post titled battery drain - dealer cannot diagnose).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.