BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Breaking in the Pony
2019 Mustang GT / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I got my 335, my wife had a blinding suspicion that I was treating a mid-life crisis. However, as we had always joked they needed to be treated with either a hot car or a hot girlfriend, she was good with it. And, she thinks it's a very nice car.

HOWEVER, I now have to confess a failing in my family.

My cousin just posted pictures of his quote "Mid-Life Crisis Mobile" end quote. A Nissan Altima 2.5 S Coupe. 175 rice fed ponies, about the same as the base engine that came with my wife's Outback.

Is it me or is that kind of like going for Bea Arthur if you took the hot girlfriend option?

Rule of thumb: If you can treat it with a Nissan, you're just bored. A true MLC demands a 3-series!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well said, now ask if you can meet hot girlfriend. There has to be one if he's professing his love for the Nissan.

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,163 Posts
When I got my 335, my wife had a blinding suspicion that I was treating a mid-life crisis. However, as we had always joked they needed to be treated with either a hot car or a hot girlfriend, she was good with it. And, she thinks it's a very nice car.

HOWEVER, I now have to confess a failing in my family.

My cousin just posted pictures of his quote "Mid-Life Crisis Mobile" end quote. A Nissan Altima 2.5 S Coupe. 175 rice fed ponies, about the same as the base engine that came with my wife's Outback.

Is it me or is that kind of like going for Bea Arthur if you took the hot girlfriend option?

Rule of thumb: If you can treat it with a Nissan, you're just bored. A true MLC demands a 3-series!
After I got my 335i, my wife got an Altima 3.5 S, 6MT. Both crises resolved. Her car came with more things at no extra charge, than I paid extra to get. Things like heated seats, comfort access, leather... There is something to be said for it.
But she didn't get the Roundel on the hood and trunk!

·
Breaking in the Pony
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After I got my 335i, my wife got an Altima 3.5 S, 6MT. Both crises resolved. Her car came with more things at no extra charge, than I paid extra to get. Things like heated seats, comfort access, leather... There is something to be said for it.
Sure, but she got the 3.5 MT, he got the 2.5 AT!

I mean, really. Let's agree on two things:
  1. Never go to a gunfight with a weapon that doesn't start with a "4".
  2. Never go to a mid-life crisis with a car that doesn't start with a "3".

George

·
Philosopher-king
2,195 Posts
If it wasn't built in Zuffenhausen or it involves a woman any more than half your age it's not really evidence of a mid-life crisis. Sorry.

:)

·
Bayrische Macht Wagen
16 Posts
Funny, my mother saw a photo of my just purchased (yesterday) 328i on Facebook and asked if I was having a mid-life crisis.

I informed her that was impossible because this is simply a four door sedan. ;)

Oh, and Hi Everyone!

·
The Real Housewife
476 Posts
If you were going through a midlife crisis and you were thinking of choosing between a hot car and a hot chick half your age, my advice is for you to go with the hot car.

Regardless of YOUR BMW 3xx having HPFP problems, the warranty not covering certain things, the cart in costco putting a ding on your bumper, not knowing what kind of tint to put, the mods in the forum banning you, or having the thread you started moved to the no where to be found areas of the bfest, it will still cost less and be less of a head-ache than a girl friend.

No matter how hot she is, she's not worth it. The car how ever will always put a smile on your face (provided it functions the way it should .. LOL)

(Sheriff, am i staying on course?)

·
Breaking in the Pony
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Breaking in the Pony
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
If you were going through a midlife crisis and you were thinking of choosing between a hot car and a hot chick half your age, my advice is for you to go with the hot car.

... it will still cost less and be less of a head-ache than a girl friend.
Back when I was in grad school, I lived in a tiny apartment with a 12-inch black-and-white TV ***8211; but I was sleeping with a hot girl in her 20s! Now, I've got the nice car, the nice house, the big TV, and so forth, but after so many years of marriage, both of us have left our 20s behind twice. You wonder if the material gains outweigh it. But then my wife said ***8220;I tell you what ***8211; you find a hot girl in her 20s, and I***8217;ll take care of putting you back in a tiny apartment with a 12-inch TV.***8221; and it all came back into perspective. ;)

·
smooth like butter
1,541 Posts
:rofl:

Back when I was in grad school, I lived in a tiny apartment with a 12-inch black-and-white TV - but I was sleeping with a hot girl in her 20s! Now, I've got the nice car, the nice house, the big TV, and so forth, but after so many years of marriage, both of us have left our 20s behind twice. You wonder if the material gains outweigh it. But then my wife said "I tell you what - you find a hot girl in her 20's, and I'll take care of putting you back in a tiny apartment with a 12-inch TV." and it all came back into perspective. ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Back when I was in grad school, I lived in a tiny apartment with a 12-inch black-and-white TV ***8211; but I was sleeping with a hot girl in her 20s! Now, I've got the nice car, the nice house, the big TV, and so forth, but after so many years of marriage, both of us have left our 20s behind twice. You wonder if the material gains outweigh it. But then my wife said "I tell you what ***8211; you find a hot girl in her 20's, and I'll take care of putting you back in a tiny apartment with a 12-inch TV." and it all came back into perspective. ;)
Being in very similar position in life, I nearly spit up my coffee out of my nose with your wife's comment! :D EXACTLY what my wife would say.

I got my 3 as a 40-something dad to make the drive to work and soccer practice enjoyable. Frankly, is that to much to ask?! Hell no as I row the 6MT laughing all the way.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sure, but she got the 3.5 MT, he got the 2.5 AT!

I mean, really. Let's agree on two things:
  1. Never go to a gunfight with a weapon that doesn't start with a "4".
  2. Never go to a mid-life crisis with a car that doesn't start with a "3".

George
I would say never go to a gunfight or a mid-life crisis with a car or weapon that doesn't start with an "M" :D

·
Breaking in the Pony
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would say never go to a gunfight or a mid-life crisis with a car or weapon that doesn't start with an "M" :D
:thumbup:

·
Outside looking in
6,325 Posts
A mid-life crisis car has no more than 2 seats.
And a bigger engine than 3.0L

Zooks - you are having a malaise rather than a crisis.

·
Extended Euro Delivery
3,398 Posts
Status! :p and seriously, a 3er as a midlife crisis vehicle? Perhaps if it was an M3.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Having a hot girlfriend half your age (or twice your age) is falling in love again, no different than falling in love at any age. A big crisis, just not specifically a mid life crisis:)

Buying a useless luxury sport car for the first time is a sure sign of having mid life crisis.

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts
Ahh yes an "M" car. I went with a "M"ercedes SL550.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts