BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
...worked on the railroad
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh, yes!

Picked up 'Karl Bimmer' this AM (9 December 2002) from Crevier, and yes, he was worth the wait!

The acceleration and shifting are wonderful; I'm going to study the manuals to make sure I understand everything about how to operate him. I did get a good orientation at the dealer, but I'm afraid I was so taken by him, I didn't get everything I was told!
:D

He's absolutely beautiful [Bimmerfest.com: "Ah, another happy first-time Bimmer owner!" :thumbup: ]

Thanks to all of you, and to you who are still waiting - Yes, it's torture, but you will be very, very glad when you pick your baby up!

I'll try to take some pictures....

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder... do you smoke a cigarette when you get out of the car? ;)

I'm still waiting. My car's taking it's cruise to the US now, and due on the 19th. However, I don't get to drive it until the 3rd of Feb because I'm going down the the PC on my vacation.

To slightly alter a quote seen elsewhere: "For some, the wait is torture. For me, it's much, much worse."

·
?
830 Posts
He.. he.. congratulations! :thumbup: I still remember the day I picked up my baby in April 99. I've had her for 3.5 yrs now (so I guess she's not a baby anymore?) and I'm still fascinated by her beauty. I still turn to look at her everytime I walk away after I park ;)

ian

·
Adolescent On-Call
3,262 Posts
Having fun?

I trotted down to my dealer last Wednesday, looked at my new car, wrote a check for $53,000, and drove away smiling.

Isn't it wonderful?! My 330xi is just awesome - I'm stoked!! :D

CONGRATS!! :thumbup:

(Will post pictures when weather is better.)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Re: Having fun?

machmeter said:
I trotted down to my dealer last Wednesday, looked at my new car, wrote a check for $53,000, and drove away smiling.
Isn't that a lot for a 330xi even paying MSRP?

·
In Driving Heaven
2,772 Posts
A 330xi with all of the factory installed options, destination, MACO, and California tax comes close -- around $52,200 if you pay MSRP. With markup and other fees, you could probably get $53,000. Scary!
:eek:

·
Adolescent On-Call
3,262 Posts
Re: Re: Having fun?

darchen said:
Isn't that a lot for a 330xi even paying MSRP?
Yes, it IS a lot:

(All MSRP prices)

36,350 330xi
695 dest
475 met paint
1,200 SP
1,000 CWP
2,900 PP
700 Xenon
1,800 NAV
350 PDC
385 Rear Air

<917> 2% Discount

3,258 Tax
150 Lux Tax
450 Lic
45 Some other stupid fee
2,200 CPT 8000 with Voice Installed
850 CD Changer Installed
505 Alarm Installed
395 Clear Bra
65 Wheel Locks
185 Rear Seat Cover

$53,040.90 (Actually it was about $30 less - I'm NOT an accountant!)

But, hey, I'm happy. So!?

·
Adolescent On-Call
3,262 Posts
Begging salesmen...

car for mom,

I'm just curious about your experience with your salesman. Did he/she ask you to "please" give a favourable response on the survey that BMW mails out to new owners?

I was actually shocked. Just before I left the dealership in my new car, my salesman asked me to "please" give him a superior report. He said he had a family and children and this was all he did for a living. If he gets all superior ratings, at the end of the year BMW gives him a new BMW. If he gets just 1 poor rating, no car. Then, it was thanks and goodbye!

Isn't that just too much!!? :dunno:

Here's the best part. He originally quoted the CPT8000 phone at $3,100 installed! I called around and other dealers wanted $2,200 installed (which is what I paid because I want the warranty). The phone still isn't installed because it wasn't ordered by the dealer - even though I ordered the car in AUGUST!!!) Great, huh.

·
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Begging salesmen...

machmeter said:
car for mom,

I'm just curious about your experience with your salesman. Did he/she ask you to "please" give a favourable response on the survey that BMW mails out to new owners?

I was actually shocked. Just before I left the dealership in my new car, my salesman asked me to "please" give him a superior report. He said he had a family and children and this was all he did for a living. If he gets all superior ratings, at the end of the year BMW gives him a new BMW. If he gets just 1 poor rating, no car. Then, it was thanks and goodbye!

Isn't that just too much!!? :dunno:

Here's the best part. He originally quoted the CPT8000 phone at $3,100 installed! I called around and other dealers wanted $2,200 installed (which is what I paid because I want the warranty). The phone still isn't installed because it wasn't ordered by the dealer - even though I ordered the car in AUGUST!!!) Great, huh.
Well, actually, machmeter, he did mention the evaluation, and asked if I had any problems or complaints.

He treated me very well, and I enjoyed dealing with him, so I have no problem with giving him a good rating. But now that you mention it, everyone at the dealership did seem concerned about how customers rated them. Crevier is a very large, profitable dealership, and they seem to want to really keep their edge.

I think this is par for the course...I was suprised at the aggressiveness exhibited at a Mercedes dealer (I'm still getting calls - maybe I should pull up in front of the place in 'Karl'!)

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
362 Posts
I couldn't tell if you were so taken by the car or the saleman making the delivery.

Either way, I hope you put a towel down on your new seats before driving him home.

·
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Re: at the risk of sounding risque...ahhhhh!

rbright said:
I couldn't tell if you were so taken by the car or the saleman making the delivery.

Either way, I hope you put a towel down on your new seats before driving him home.
Both. :angel:

Married, but not dead....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts