BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious as to whether or not they are using M3's in the school. I am looking forward to driving the M5's and M6's, but I'm also very interested in taking an M3 out since I'll probably end up with one once my current lease runs out next year. Anyone know?

·
Lifetime BMW CCA Member
91 Posts
I am attending the 1-Day M School in July and have emailed an instructor about the new M3. I was told that the new M3 is currently being used, so you should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
You'll definetely have M3's available for the M Schools. I'm currently putting 1200 miles on another one for use in those schools :thumbup:

Have fun!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We just finished the M school today so I thought I'd post my impressions.

Wow! It was a ton of fun! The staff at the PDC is great and the instructors made the whole program enjoyable while still working with you on what at times may be not so great driving technique. Great people and great times all around. I highly recommend it for anyone who's interested. There's plenty of time in the cars to put what you are trying to learn into practice.

The school is designed so that you get most of your instruction while sitting behind the wheel rather than while sitting in a classroom. There is of course some classroom time, but it is to go over what you will be learning out on the courses. You're also behind the wheel of your own car... alone... with an instructor giving feedback by radio. It was a very nice way to learn how to drive in a high performance situation.

So, what about the cars? I really liked each and every one of them. M3, M5, M6, and M coupes are all fun as hell to drive. I was very pleasantly surprised at how well the M5's and M6's did on the track. They did not feel like big cars at all. Each of them felt very balanced and nimble... and the power!!! Wow!!!

Thanks to the whole PDC team from the instructors who provided a fun learning experience, to the staff working the track and prepping the cars, to the cafeteria staff who provided wonderful meals for us, and to everyone else there who just seemed to really like doing what they do. Thank you very much.

One thing I do recommend that I didn't see suggested anywhere else is that if you come, try to come early so that you can schedule a factory tour and stay an extra day to see downtown Greenville. It's a wonderful place to visit. You should also seriously consider renting a car. Though the hotel can transport you around, they have to balance your needs with everyone else's and you may not get a ride when you want one. A cab to the downtown area is around $25 each way so unless you want to wait for the hotel, renting a car is the cheaper alternative.

Thanks and I hope to get to the andvanced M school in the not too distant future. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts