Bimmerfest BMW banner

1261 - 1280 of 6146 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
nouveau menbre

Bonjour a vous je suis un nouveau membre et je trouve que votre forum est tres d actualite et bien entendue je suis proprietaire d une bmw 323 ic je vous salut

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member BMW 2002 530I

Hello to all from Augusta, Georgia!
I was searching on any info for the dreaded "Twisted Seats" and came across your website. I have a young son that is very proficient in repairs and he's done most anything I needed done. Thanks for the help and diagrams posted. I'll have him fix that for me.

Sue

·
Registered
27 Posts
Buying 2005 745Li Tomorrow (fingers crossed!)

Joined forum to learn about E65/E66. Going to dealership to discuss purchase of 2005 745Li with 56k miles. I might shed my 12 yr/old Buick Park Avenue Ultra and enjoy a world class driving machine. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello from Dubai

Hi everyone

I just recently bought a 2006 750Li. It has 73k kilometres on it and is in very good shape. Had it checked out by local Bosch service Center who gave it a thumbs up.

I will soon be posting some photos and developing the garage.

This appears to be a great place to exchange ideas on BMW and DIY subjects:thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Houston…

I have a Bmw Z4 2007. the a/c suddenly was death, I checked the fuses under the glove compartment
and I didn't find any bad one. is there any other place to check for?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! I have been lurking on these boards for a week or two. I recently purchased a 12 528i and am loving it. I am out of north Louisiana and hoping to run into some events and such down this way. Seems to be a lot of real good people on here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since you all got me into this - I though I'd Say Hi,
I'm Space - the once previous owner of a 325e that "fell" into my lap and needed to be overhauled from the bottom up. I had a great shop then in Poolsville, MD where anything that could be thought up could be realized. All I had to do was point and say, "bypass that", "install a switch there", "break-it here" and so on toward my youthful driving bliss. As a result, I learned very little about my car other than how to come up with some unique solutions and employ them to remand the car into steady, reliable operation. So, why the blame?
Well, my love of the 6er goes back to my 325e days. It was on its particular last-legs - about 400 thousand miles total- when the body began to show the signs of my serious sins: the car had been in a previous-to-me roll-over, it had had bondo on every every panel when I got it, all four wheels were bent, and, I had only the cash to make her mechanically sound and none to make her shine. She realized the focus of a 22 year old: First, clouds were painted on it to accentuate the bondo into some artistic order - any hope of a real paint job would have been a $5000 commitment: NOT!, sorry all, I was 22 and poor - the car cost me $100. Then, I painted her all brown, as best I could, and after dubbing her "Skiddo" I preceded do drive her as she had been intended - from 165 thousand to about 400 - pain free. Until, a yellow 6er crossed my path in Annapolis and made me whine for a bright and beautiful car - inside and out.
Soon enough, "Skiddo" was donated and a family car ( a mini van ) towed my family until the crib years had passed. A 92 Grand Marquis replaced the "crib-van" and now a shinny (red) 6er fills my heart and drains my wallet - a bit. I bought that little red one at that car dealer on the outskirts of Laurel, MD for cheap. Based upon the low price of the car, I planned for a rebuild right away, and was spot on. Soon, with a few extras, I'll be on the road-for-real with a delightful shine to brighten up my day. Her undercoat is rust free save for some of the exhaust and handling is spot-on throughout - no whine, just a little juggle from the safety break - I can fix that! She passed inspection but for 4 new tires and a battery clamp.
Soon, I will be brimming in Bimmer heaven and saving money for a new trans.
And, because I was clouded into thinking of silver linings, and breezy days by reading of all of the success this lot has had with their 6ers, I did not pass it up, and am hereby "ready-for-more" as I attempt to keep this fine looking, feeling, and smelling ( ooh that smell again! of an 80s BMW! ) automobile running worthy of her name.
Thank you for the many pages of sage advice garnered by my many hours of reading your posts. This forum is an asset and an inspiration. Soon enough, I'll be swimming again.
Very Much Yours,
Space

·
Registered
5 Posts
New Memeber

Hello All BMW owners of the ultimate driving machine!

I have just bought a 2001 330i and love it. In the past, I have owned a 318 & 540i. I hope this forum will be a educational learning experience in matters that relate to my bimmer.

·
Nick's Toys
1,284 Posts

Hi there
I am new to this forum, having joined it as I have stumbled over this in my past searches a few times :)
I have worked for the factory a short time in the beginning of the 90's, in München
I also own a R 80 GS motorcycle that I tour off-road with http://www.nicksracing.com/Angola%2003.htm
I now bought this South African 1988 323i 2-door for rebuilding

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and thought to drop by and say Hello to you all. I placed an order for my 2013 BMW X5 and I should be getting it next week. Will look forward to advice from you all.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Hello,

I was looking at this forum for quite some time and recently I've bought my own 2011 535d so I've registered and here I am looking for some cool mods for my Bimmer :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I am newly registered but I have been using this forum for a few months now. I drive a 2003 BMW 325i. Just to say hello to all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings. I have finally registered after following Bimmerfest for quite some time. I currently drive a 2006 325i. I have owned that for about 5 years and now I'm considering the F30. This is my first post and just wanted to say hey.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new here today. Just got a 2009 535i series.

I thought this would be a good place to start. The manual is making me crazy. So many things to learn.

I do have a question. What did I do to screw up my door locks. When I got the car a few days ago, it would lock as I walked away from it. But after pushing all kinds of buttons it isn't working. I have to use the non key to lock it when I'm getting out.

Thanks for any help you can give me! I am flabbergasted with the manual.

I've never had to read one on any of my cars and I had a BMW before but not like this one

:p

·
Registered
6 Posts
What's up everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to the forum and to the BMW lifestyle. And after reading some of the posts here, I see that driving a BMW is a way of life. I'm looking to get into my first BMW and I've found a lot of useful information here. I've always admired BMWs from afar, it's time to get up close and personal!:D

1261 - 1280 of 6146 Posts