BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Happy as a snapping clam
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Make sure that you get an English (rather than German) version of the owner's manual before leaving the delivery center. :tsk: If they do not have a printed version, ask them to give you a printout of the version available on their inTRAnet. They do have the '06 version available there. Thanks to BMW of Austria for my printout. :thumbup:

·
10,856 Posts
It's way more fun to learn iDrive on the fly, like I did. :)

·
Happy as a snapping clam
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
OnOn said:
I thought I taught you and your wife enough German during our 30 minutes together in the delivery center to see you through!
You taught us enough so that I could identify it as German! :) We had a great trip and managed to put on 2,107 miles in eleven days. I was very pleased to complete the break-in well before we had to return the car. :thumbup: It was great meeting you and Sharma and Fishskis. I was surprised to hear how quickly you expect to get your car back. I am hoping that I managed to get on Pacific Breeze today which might allow retrieval by the fourth of July!

·
Registered
207 Posts
2100 miles. Excellent! We, too, enjoyed meeting you guys. How were those comfort seats? Hope you didn't spend too many nights in them. Post your trip. Thus, far, I've been too lazy, but it's on my to do list.

·
Happy as a snapping clam
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sharmabmw said:
How were those comfort seats? Hope you didn't spend too many nights in them.
The seats are excellent. They offer support in many different areas and adjusting them helps to avoid fatigue. We found reasonably priced hotels every night with help from Nav, so no nights in the car. :angel: We enjoyed meeting you and your wife and wish you well on your upcoming move.

·
Registered
707 Posts
djlfp said:
Make sure that you get an English (rather than German) version of the owner's manual before leaving the delivery center. :tsk: If they do not have a printed version, ask them to give you a printout of the version available on their inTRAnet. They do have the '06 version available there. Thanks to BMW of Austria for my printout. :thumbup:
i have a 745 now so i know a little how to operate the 7er... but let me ask you another question:

did the bumper had to be drilled for you to install the license plate? the plate has four holes: two on top and two on the bottom. the top ones are hooked into a filler strip which can be replaced, but for the lower two holes did your actual bumper got drilled? i am picking up my 750 on June 20th and driving it to tuscany for a friends wedding (i will probably have the cheapest car there too) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.