BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Momenutm Perfomance and asked for you....

The Super Blue is in stock, but they don't normally carry the Type 200, but they can order it for you.

Open till 6pm weekdays

(713) 596-3100 is the main dealer line, ask for the Performance Center. I didn't get the direct line....

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
nate328Ci said:
I called Momenutm Perfomance and asked for you....

The Super Blue is in stock, but they don't normally carry the Type 200, but they can order it for you.

Open till 6pm weekdays

(713) 596-3100 is the main dealer line, ask for the Performance Center. I didn't get the direct line....

:thumb:
nate, thanks a ton man. 6pm? ouch. cutting it close for me...

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: Attn: ayn and eugeneDC/TX

eugeneDC/TX said:

nate, thanks a ton man. 6pm? ouch. cutting it close for me...
It will take 15 minutes, do it on your way downtown if you want to buy it the day you get here. Take Beltway 8 around from I-10 or 290, depending on which way you come. :thumb:

Ask to take a look at the Brembos in the display case :yikes:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Attn: ayn and eugeneDC/TX

nate328Ci said:

It will take 15 minutes, do it on your way downtown if you want to buy it the day you get here. Take Beltway 8 around from I-10 or 290, depending on which way you come. :thumb:

Ask to take a look at the Brembos in the display case :yikes:
nate, dont be telling me to look at things like brembos. esp if i have to ask to take a look. :yikes: i want a brake upgrade badly. this is why i'm all about the fluid now. i probably will do it on my way downtown. thanks a lot man... beltway 8 from 290... got it..

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Attn: ayn and eugeneDC/TX

eugeneDC/TX said:

nate, dont be telling me to look at things like brembos. esp if i have to ask to take a look. :yikes: i want a brake upgrade badly. this is why i'm all about the fluid now. i probably will do it on my way downtown. thanks a lot man... beltway 8 from 290... got it..
I usually take 71 to I-10 into Houston coming from S. Austin, but 290 to the Beltway is good too. It is on 59 just inside the Belt. They can get pads and replacement rotors of any kind if you don't want the Grand Tourisimo package :p

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Attn: ayn and eugeneDC/TX

nate328Ci said:

I usually take 71 to I-10 into Houston coming from S. Austin, but 290 to the Beltway is good too. It is on 59 just inside the Belt. They can get pads and replacement rotors of any kind if you don't want the Grand Tourisimo package :p
oh man. anything called grand tourismo package sounds so good, sight unseen. regardless, yeah, i'll be taking 290 into austin... on 59 inside beltway... thanks man.

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
Don't push it driving to houston, tons of cops, especially in la grange on 71. btw, why cant u sign the lease over the fax? I did everything over the fax when I got my apt in Riata... oh and Riata got a free business center with access to fax machine if u need to use one. =)

--Andrew

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
ayn said:
Don't push it driving to houston, tons of cops, especially in la grange on 71. btw, why cant u sign the lease over the fax? I did everything over the fax when I got my apt in Riata... oh and Riata got a free business center with access to fax machine if u need to use one. =)

--Andrew
oh man, andrew, i take 290 to houston. and for some reason, only once it is 55, i speed like nobody's business, i'm talking 100-110 range (usually closer to 100). it's bad. i have no idea why. v1, i need you. ha. hmm, i'll ask about the whole fax thing, but if i dont go to houston, where will i get my fluid?:dunno: :D

actually i dont know why i couldnt do it over fax. the leasing lady asked me to come in, but fax would obviously be easier... hmm... i might have to take yuo up on the free fax line from the riata (use it while you got it, you know.:bigpimp: )

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
eugeneDC/TX said:

oh man, andrew, i take 290 to houston. and for some reason, only once it is 55, i speed like nobody's business, i'm talking 100-110 range (usually closer to 100). it's bad. i have no idea why. v1, i need you. ha. hmm, i'll ask about the whole fax thing, but if i dont go to houston, where will i get my fluid?:dunno: :D

actually i dont know why i couldnt do it over fax. the leasing lady asked me to come in, but fax would obviously be easier... hmm... i might have to take yuo up on the free fax line from the riata (use it while you got it, you know.:bigpimp: )
yeah, they recently upgraded all the PC at the biz center to pretty nice Dell systems with LCD panels. pisses me off, they've had slowa$$ machines there, and now I'm moving out they upgraded all their stuff... they got a better copier too...

if u don't goto Houston we can get SuperBlue from Turner or BavAuto, if we get 4 cans shipping isn't bad. maybe I'll order other goodies too... =)

--Andrew

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Super Blue:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Maybe something I should get before my track day.

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
CD-55 said:
Super Blue:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Maybe something I should get before my track day.
u definitely should... pretty easy to boil the OE brake fluid. Nate did it. a few 110-50 braking will do it... in hot texas summer...

--Andrew

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
ayn said:

yeah, they recently upgraded all the PC at the biz center to pretty nice Dell systems with LCD panels. pisses me off, they've had slowa$$ machines there, and now I'm moving out they upgraded all their stuff... they got a better copier too...

if u don't goto Houston we can get SuperBlue from Turner or BavAuto, if we get 4 cans shipping isn't bad. maybe I'll order other goodies too... =)

--Andrew
sounds like a plan. i'll call the leasing office today or tomorrow and let you know

see you tonight

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ayn said:

u definitely should... pretty easy to boil the OE brake fluid. Nate did it. a few 110-50 braking will do it... in hot texas summer...

--Andrew
It felt like the Superblue boiled too on the 330 :dunno:

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
nate328Ci said:

It felt like the Superblue boiled too on the 330 :dunno:
alright, next time spend the extra $$ for the Castrol! u probably need to flush it and put SuperBlue back after the DE though, especially in Houston...

--Andrew

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ayn said:

alright, next time spend the extra $$ for the Castrol! u probably need to flush it and put SuperBlue back after the DE though, especially in Houston...

--Andrew
I ain't no brake expert though. It did seem to boil a bit, the brakes were better than my 328, but hauling around 4000+ lbs is a lot of work. More pedal travel, but the brakes felt OK.

I almost went off in turn 13 on the stock fluid before swapping :eek: No brakes!

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
nate328Ci said:

I ain't no brake expert though. It did seem to boil a bit, the brakes were better than my 328, but hauling around 4000+ lbs is a lot of work. More pedal travel, but the brakes felt OK.

I almost went off in turn 13 on the stock fluid before swapping :eek: No brakes!
I'm glad u stayed on track, a friend of mine wrecked his S4 pretty bad around there (turn 12). there was no concrete at turn-in and he went 2 wheels off, turn slightly to the left trying to "save it", and of course once the wheels got on track it turned to the left so it spinned off and hit the corner station... :thumbdwn:

--Andrew

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ayn said:

I'm glad u stayed on track, a friend of mine wrecked his S4 pretty bad around there (turn 12). there was no concrete at turn-in and he went 2 wheels off, turn slightly to the left trying to "save it", and of course once the wheels got on track it turned to the left so it spinned off and hit the corner station... :thumbdwn:

--Andrew
Uh! We were warned about that happening :eek:

I was headed for the turn in point and the car just wan't stopping fast enough, I was going slow enough and had enough traction to trail-brake into the turn late. If I couldn't do that, I was just going to go straight off, there was nothing to hit there :thumb:

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
nate328Ci said:

Uh! We were warned about that happening :eek:

I was headed for the turn in point and the car just wan't stopping fast enough, I was going slow enough and had enough traction to trail-brake into the turn late. If I couldn't do that, I was just going to go straight off, there was nothing to hit there :thumb:
nope, u'll just miss that super fun turn... (is there a name for that turn??)

--Andrew

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ayn said:

nope, u'll just miss that super fun turn... (is there a name for that turn??)

--Andrew
Are you talking about the series that leads onto the main straight?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts