BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Momenutm Perfomance and asked for you....

The Super Blue is in stock, but they don't normally carry the Type 200, but they can order it for you.

Open till 6pm weekdays

(713) 596-3100 is the main dealer line, ask for the Performance Center. I didn't get the direct line....

:thumb:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: Attn: ayn and eugeneDC/TX

eugeneDC/TX said:

nate, thanks a ton man. 6pm? ouch. cutting it close for me...
It will take 15 minutes, do it on your way downtown if you want to buy it the day you get here. Take Beltway 8 around from I-10 or 290, depending on which way you come. :thumb:

Ask to take a look at the Brembos in the display case :yikes:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Attn: ayn and eugeneDC/TX

eugeneDC/TX said:

nate, dont be telling me to look at things like brembos. esp if i have to ask to take a look. :yikes: i want a brake upgrade badly. this is why i'm all about the fluid now. i probably will do it on my way downtown. thanks a lot man... beltway 8 from 290... got it..
I usually take 71 to I-10 into Houston coming from S. Austin, but 290 to the Beltway is good too. It is on 59 just inside the Belt. They can get pads and replacement rotors of any kind if you don't want the Grand Tourisimo package :p

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ayn said:

alright, next time spend the extra $$ for the Castrol! u probably need to flush it and put SuperBlue back after the DE though, especially in Houston...

--Andrew
I ain't no brake expert though. It did seem to boil a bit, the brakes were better than my 328, but hauling around 4000+ lbs is a lot of work. More pedal travel, but the brakes felt OK.

I almost went off in turn 13 on the stock fluid before swapping :eek: No brakes!

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ayn said:

I'm glad u stayed on track, a friend of mine wrecked his S4 pretty bad around there (turn 12). there was no concrete at turn-in and he went 2 wheels off, turn slightly to the left trying to "save it", and of course once the wheels got on track it turned to the left so it spinned off and hit the corner station... :thumbdwn:

--Andrew
Uh! We were warned about that happening :eek:

I was headed for the turn in point and the car just wan't stopping fast enough, I was going slow enough and had enough traction to trail-brake into the turn late. If I couldn't do that, I was just going to go straight off, there was nothing to hit there :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.