BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
into things retro
Joined
·
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting with 2003, Gateway Tech will be rotated like OFest. The LA chapter has been selected to host the first one away from St. Louis. I think it's going to be called Tech Fest West or something like that.

I wonder if there's any perks to working the event. I know the committees need volunteers.
 

·
into things retro
Joined
·
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be cool

March 13 - 16, 2003

Pacific Palms Conference Resort in the City of Industry

Any B'festers coming?
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
scottn2retro said:
Starting with 2003, Gateway Tech will be rotated like OFest. The LA chapter has been selected to host the first one away from St. Louis. I think it's going to be called Tech Fest West or something like that.

I wonder if there's any perks to working the event. I know the committees need volunteers.
They're still in need of volunteers to run the event. Since it'll be hosted by the L.A. chapter and in San Diego, I think you O.C. guys would be perfect. I'm going to volunteer for the vendor liason since I've already started contacting vendors anyway.

I encourage EVERYONE here who belong to the CCA to get involved and show the national chapter just how big and influential the L.A. chapter can be.
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
Re: Should be cool

scottn2retro said:
March 13 - 16, 2003

Pacific Palms Conference Resort in the City of Industry

Any B'festers coming?
I read in Roundel that it's being held in S.D but organized by L.A. Chapter?!
 

·
into things retro
Joined
·
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see it in the article

The next to last sentance in the article says it will be held March 13-15 in San Diego, Ca., but I believe that is a huge typo!

Let me confirm that.

Also, at the last board meeting, it looks very possible that Ofest 2004 will return to LA as well (I think it was just in LA in 99 or 00) with the AutoX possible on the roads around the Rose Bowl!
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
Re: I see it in the article

scottn2retro said:
The next to last sentance in the article says it will be held March 13-15 in San Diego, Ca., but I believe that is a huge typo!

Let me confirm that.

Also, at the last board meeting, it looks very possible that Ofest 2004 will return to LA as well (I think it was just in LA in 99 or 00) with the AutoX possible on the roads around the Rose Bowl!
Yesssssssssssssssss!
 

·
King of Rear Clunks
Joined
·
12,903 Posts
Can someone explain exactly what Gateway Tech is all about? From what I've seen, it seems to be all about keeping 2002s on the road.
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
Actually, that's what it started out as but it's slowly evolving into a technical session for guys who like to work on their cars. Hard core tuners like Jim Conforti and Turner Motorsports usually attend and speak at Gateway Tech.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top