BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Avoid BMW Of Towson at all costs. :thumbdwn:

The "CPO" 2000 328i that they sold me was a total LEMON!! (my old car)
The car had to go in for service 3 days after I bought it as CPO. It had a slew of mechanical problems that should have been picked up during "certification". Then two weeks later while the car was STILL IN FOR SERVICE they scratched the car all up when removing snow. 3/4 of the car required a total repaint. They did a horrible job, overspray everywhere and then the paint started to peel off and they refused to fix it. Horrible service, arrogant management and totally unethical business practices. :thumbdwn:

Chad :mad:

PS It's a long story, took 2 years and an attorney!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
that sucks... :(

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,348 Posts
ChadSWA737 said:

I always wondered if BWMNA bans any dealer from participating in the CPO program when it is found out that they just slap the certificate to any car they want to sell. :dunno:

I hope you got your money back and then some. :D

·
I know a thing or two...
7,440 Posts
ChadSWA737 said:

The "CPO" 2000 328i that they sold me was a total LEMON!! (my old car)
The car had to go in for service 3 days after I bought it as CPO. It had a slew of mechanical problems that should have been picked up during "certification". Then two weeks later while the car was STILL IN FOR SERVICE they scratched the car all up when removing snow. 3/4 of the car required a total repaint. They did a horrible job, overspray everywhere and then the paint started to peel off and they refused to fix it. Horrible service, arrogant management and totally unethical business practices. :thumbdwn:

This is an unfortunate story. I know the Service Director at Towson, and he's a good guy. Is this an on-going problem, or is this something that happened two years ago?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SARAFIL said:
This is an unfortunate story. I know the Service Director at Towson, and he's a good guy. Is this an on-going problem, or is this something that happened two years ago?
The whole ordeal started just over two years ago, 3 days after I purchased the car.

Bob Rhone was the service Mgr. at the time and has since left. Given I was still dealing with BMW Of Towson's BS over the last two plus years concerning this issue, I don't think anything has changed. I have heard from numerous businesses and people that I have talked to in the local industry that the owner is the problem. Many similar stories. Like I said previously, their management is arrogant and unethical.

They couldn't care less. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hardly unusual, unfortunately. Otto's sold me my car - a few miles up the road from you in West Chester, PA, and "missed" a whole bunch of stuff - including the below-spec rotors they then tried to charge me to replace 3,000 miles later.

Edit: and the head unit, and the speaker rattle, and the broken sunroof casette, and the idle stalling, and ... well, you get the idea.

ChadSWA737 said:
The whole ordeal started just over two years ago, 3 days after I purchased the car.

Bob Rhone was the service Mgr. at the time and has since left. Given I was still dealing with BMW Of Towson's BS over the last two plus years concerning this issue, I don't think anything has changed. I have heard from numerous businesses and people that I have talked to in the local industry that the owner is the problem. Many similar stories. Like I said previously, their management is arrogant and unethical.

They couldn't care less. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Starting to think the same... I had a CPO and had to pay for all new front and rears 9.300 miles later.... yeah not covered..... :cry: and okay, 10k for a set of pads and rotors... fine, fine, fine! :mad: :dunno: :mad: :dunno: :mad: :dunno: :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just bought a 2002 CPO 330Ci from Tate BMW in Annapolis....

*hoping not to have the same issues as Towson

So, this was 2 years ago right? What is the outcome?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I dislike that dealership myself; they are a bunch of arrogant mofos. They wouldn’t give me the light of day when I walked in there last year to get a price on a vehicle; I had to wait a while to get service. Needless to say I bought my car at BMW of Owings Mills and I’ve been pretty happy.

·
trailingthrottleoversteer
4,328 Posts
ChosenGSR said:
I dislike that dealership myself; they are a bunch of arrogant mofos. They wouldn't give me the light of day when I walked in there last year to get a price on a vehicle; I had to wait a while to get service. Needless to say I bought my car at BMW of Owings Mills and I've been pretty happy.
Owings Mills, Maryland.....211-17
oops! did I say that out loud?

habit...
Watching too much Motor Week I guess....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.