BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
3 comments:

1- That is a rather old post over there that has been linked here before. I remember guys like JP in TO responding to it back when it was originally posted.

2. Rumors all along have suggested that an M3T is more likely to be built than an M3/4 based on the appeal of wagons outside the US. The E36 M3/4 didn't sell well in Europe.

3. And yes, atyclb, there are A LOT of people who rule out cars without 4 doors. I am one of them. These boards are a bit skewed toward coupes but among the overall population of buyers, many need four doors.
 
Joined
·
20,210 Posts
TD said:
3 comments:

3. And yes, atyclb, there are A LOT of people who rule out cars without 4 doors. I am one of them. These boards are a bit skewed toward coupes but among the overall population of buyers, many need four doors.
TD, that post was more a calling out to the people on that board that are acting so stoked about it, saying they'd jump at the M3/4, when I tend to doubt that they would have the financial means to do so.

That comment wouldn't apply here.
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TD said:
3 comments:

1- That is a rather old post over there that has been linked here before. I remember guys like JP in TO responding to it back when it was originally posted.
I never even noticed the date, someone bumped it up :p
 
G

·
Ben Chou said:
TD,

Did you get a chance to read my PM to you?
Yeah I read it but I have not responded as I have both been rather busy and I have no idea what to suggest.

I am not a mechanic. I am not even a particularly good hack mechanic. I did not install the UUCs on my 330i and, as you know, I did not take them off. Having been under my 330, I can only speculate that you're hitting the exhaust and I doubt that there will be/would be any long-term damage issues. But UUC would know better than anything I could come up with. And Curry's in Va is the only local UUC "dealer". It might be worth a trip out there too.
 
G

·
atyclb said:


TD, that post was more a calling out to the people on that board that are acting so stoked about it, saying they'd jump at the M3/4, when I tend to doubt that they would have the financial means to do so.

That comment wouldn't apply here.
I interpreted your response in that thread to be more along the lines of "I can't believe this many guys would pass on the M3 as is because it only has 2 doors." And I wanted to just add that there are a lot of guys who do require their car to have 4 doors.

And those kids at Fanatics do seem to have access to plenty of cash.
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
They also have 4-5 M5 tourings build, with ///M suspension tuning, ///M aerodynamics and everything that comes on the M5 in Munich built specifically for the fleet...And we all know that the M5 touring isn't going to be built en mass. :dunno:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top