BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody has access to dealer auction numbers (Manheim, etc.), could you tell me the value for my car (SF bay area, 94XXX zip code, 35,000 miles, excellent condition--see below for options).

I have checked KBB.com & Edmunds.com, but wanted to know the dealer auction value. TIA

·
<my other German
444 Posts
I just got an '05 545i w/ 37k miles, sport,logic 7, fold down rear seats, cold weather, black on black at auction in NY for...you're not going to like this....

$26,500 + auction fees, dealer's fees, clean up, transport. That appeared to be about average for that car w/ those miles. It had some dents that required paintless removal and a scratch on the rear bumper that had to be sprayed. Minor road rash on the wheels, slight smoke smell, and some very minor scratches (spiderwebbing) in the clearcoat. I'm sure yours in better shape.

Wrong coast, but I hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
If anybody has access to dealer auction numbers (Manheim, etc.), could you tell me the value for my car (SF bay area, 94XXX zip code, 35,000 miles, excellent condition--see below for options).

I have checked KBB.com & Edmunds.com, but wanted to know the dealer auction value. TIA
You're going to get rid of the 5 stream?? :yikes:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Stream, let my first post on bimmerfest be a service to you for all of your excellent posts here:thumbup:
Those are ugly numbers if you are selling. This is one reason I like to lease new BMWs. The 3 year residual is usually around 60% of MSRP. BMW used 67% for 30 months on my current lease which equates to around $40K.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Stream, let my first post on bimmerfest be a service to you for all of your excellent posts here:thumbup:
Welcome aboard!! :roundel:

Wow, great information. Good to know our members have connections!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
27,273 Posts
I happen to work at a Manheim auction :D While I don't have figures for you right now (I'll ask if I go in today) I can tell you that yesterdays auction was intense. Buyers were staying low and the sellers were letting 'em go on the cheap-cheap. The last two weeks have been terrible and the lot (which is HUGE) is completely full. It is an aweful time to be selling anything that isn't getting =/+ 30mpg.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Now I feel like I way overpaid for my CPO 2005... :cry:

CLG

·
<my other German
444 Posts
Most of the CPO I looked at were asking $39ish for the same car. Some asking as high as $45k for lower miles. EBay asking $33-36. I had NO CLUE there was so much room between auction and retail. Fortunately, neither did my insurance adjuster ;-)

·
Registered
27,273 Posts
There are higher than usual # of BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, and other luxury cars sitting out there lately, many of them are repos :tsk: With a bigger pool to choose from the values are sliding. On a side note when I was leaving yesterday there was a dealer who had just bought a HSBC repo Mercedes causing havoc at the entry way (main road is three lanes in each direction) as it only made it half way across the intersection before it decided it didn't want to run anymore :roundel:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts