BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 1995 bmw 318i. I'm having a battery drain issue and was going through my car and realized that my rear window defroster or defoggers (whatever it's called) button doesnt work. It doesn't light up or nothing. Then got looking at my fuses and the relay for it is an Audi relay while the rest of them are BMW. Was wondering if this would be why it's not working. Can you use an Audi relay in a bimmer?? I dunno might be a dumb question but thanks for any answers! lol. :thumbup:

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,464 Posts
Hmmm... I suppose there's nothing preventing you from using an Audi relay in a BMW, provided they have the exact same properties. But that's what you'll have to figure out, though. It may not be the correct relay for your car.

·
Strength in Knowledge
346 Posts
It probably is a standard relay, made by Bosch or Hella (used by most German car manufacturers). Should have terminals 30, 85, 86, and 87 (some also have an 87A), the biggest difference between relays is the rating in amperage. If the rating is correct it should work just fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea it does have those numbers on it, thank you! It does say made in Germany so I guess all should be good. Now I just gotta figure out why my window defroster isnt working! lol Thanks guys!! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts