BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Audi RS3 a BMW M2 killer

The Audi RS3 might be the hottest small 4 door sedan on the market shortly. With BMW only offering the M2 in 2 doors and the next generation 1 Series sedan still years away Audi could run away with the market. Spied testing on the Nurburgring with minimal camo the official launch is getting close.

With an estimated 400 horsepower under that hood, the RS3 sedan is set for an debut later this year as a 2017 model. And if you were thinking this was just another hot sedan that we wouldn't get state side don't worry, this one is coming to the US.

Will BMW make a 2 Series Gran Coupe?

The RS3 engine has nothing in common with the 2.5 litre five-cylinder engine found in the RS3 hatchback in Europe, but will instead be the new 2.5 litre turbo engine that Audi developed for the TT-RS. The new engine will be mated to a DQ500 seven-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox and of course Quattro all-wheel-drive is standard.

We can expect a 0-60mph time of about 4.0 seconds and a top speed closer to 175 mph when the limiter is deleted. Otherwise the top speed is limited to 150 mph

Typical of the Audi RS styling the front bumper has more aggressive look with bigger air intakes to provide the engine as much cooling as possible, wider side sills, and two big oval exhaust tips on each side of the diffusor. A rear spoiler is also part of the package and rounds out the look. With an on sale date looming all eyes will be on BMW M2 sales to see just how many M2 owners defect to get 2 more doors.

Audi RS3 a BMW M2 killer

Audi RS3 a BMW M2 killer

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
I wonder how many owners of 2 series only have one car, meaning their 2 series. And what is the other car? Well, being an American I have to think most would say their other car is not SMALLER than the 2. If it is, so be it - I am not talking about that situation.

But if your other car is larger, odds are whatever it is it has 4 doors, or is a better candidate for 4 doors than a car the size of the 2. So how many four door vehicles do you need? Running a taxi service?

yeah it takes all kinds, but I love that my 2 is a coupe, and not some 4 door GC or whatever.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.