BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Heehee, imagine when they figure out how to cram the RS6's twinturbos into that sucker and make a RS4. :yikes: :bigpimp:

·
10,856 Posts
Mmmm... S4 Avant... Yummy... Much as I would prefer a Bimmer, that there may very well be my next car.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I wonder if they'll offer it in a coupe trim - now that would be HOT!!

344hp is pretty impressive. Wonder if the price will be less than the M3. Audi's nearly always cost less than their BMW counterparts...

·
doh!!!
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
geomax said:
I wonder if they'll offer it in a coupe trim - now that would be HOT!!

No coupe A4 yet so I dont expect a S4 coupe anytime soon. Coupe would be too direct of competition to M3;)

I have seen some people to lazy to scan through a article before, I guess more of a summary then:p

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
I like the new A4's styling, but I don't think it's as sporty or aggressive as it should be in S trim. My money's still on the M3, particularly if they release a 4-door variant in the near future. And heck...with Audi bringing this beast to market, I don't see what BMW's waiting for. This is quickly turning into the German version of the "Camaro vs. Mustang" rivalry that turned out some KILLER cars over the years.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Kaz said:
Heehee, imagine when they figure out how to cram the RS6's twinturbos into that sucker and make a RS4. :yikes: :bigpimp:
Warp speed, Mr. Sulu...

I thought I heard that in the very near future, there will be a V8 M3??

Although Turbo's have phenominal performance gains, I'd much rather have a normally aspirated engine which has the same power output...

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
Jetfire said:
I like the new A4's styling, but I don't think it's as sporty or aggressive as it should be in S trim. My money's still on the M3, particularly if they release a 4-door variant in the near future.
No 4 door or wagon M3 from BMW... the S4 is as close as you'll get. I think the styling exactly defines classic german auto design.

BMW has lost it's way with the E46 design and the M3 screams "look at me". The S4's will be the ultimate sleeper german muscle car. With a *reliable* 300+hp... BMW won't know what hit them. Sign me up. :thumbup:

20,210 Posts
JPinTO said:

No 4 door or wagon M3 from BMW... the S4 is as close as you'll get. I think the styling exactly defines classic german auto design.

BMW has lost it's way with the E46 design and the M3 screams "look at me". The S4's will be the ultimate sleeper german muscle car. With a *reliable* 300+hp... BMW won't know what hit them. Sign me up. :thumbup:
the new S4 still won't touch the M3 in performance. 5.4 0-60? That's at least a half-second slower. And I'm guessing it will weigh at LEAST 3600, maybe as much as 3800 pounds! I would think BMW is :lmao: at these numbers.

The guys at audiworld sure are pissed at the performance specs. Too much hype and Audi didn't meet ANY of the expectations.

and my 300+HP has been VERY reliable. :D

·
10,856 Posts
Yes, but I hate coupes. And I'm used to heavy. :) And I want a fast ass wagon! The S4 Avant would make for one kick ass grocery getter. :D

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
atyclb said:

the new S4 still won't touch the M3 in performance. 5.4 0-60? That's at least a half-second slower. And I'm guessing it will weigh at LEAST 3600, maybe as much as 3800 pounds! I would think BMW is :lmao: at these numbers.

The guys at audiworld sure are pissed at the performance specs. Too much hype and Audi didn't meet ANY of the expectations.

and my 300+HP has been VERY reliable. :D
M3 Sucks! :p :p :p :D

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.