BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can barely hear my audible beep when I lock and unlock my 08 X3. Is there any way to get more volume? Thanks.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Your vehicle must be equipped with an alarm, which does not come standard.

·
Aficionado
3,016 Posts
I can barely hear my audible beep when I lock and unlock my 08 X3. Is there any way to get more volume? Thanks.
Maybe the dealer can do it through programming.

·
Ukemi - that's how I roll
4,252 Posts
Find the speaker output and place a small amp (about 2 watts) with 1khz tweeter. You'll hear it :rofl:

·
Aficionado
3,016 Posts
Find the speaker output and place a small amp (about 2 watts) with 1khz tweeter. You'll hear it :rofl:
Along with all the neighbors! :rofl:

·
sapper
373 Posts
If it's beeping you have the alarm. Or at least that's been my experience. Before I installed the alarm there was no beep. After there is. I don't know if they can make it any louder or not.

·
Ukemi - that's how I roll
4,252 Posts
If it's beeping you have the alarm. Or at least that's been my experience. Before I installed the alarm there was no beep. After there is. I don't know if they can make it any louder or not.
You can always make it louder :D. The alarm system in my car has four piezo tweeters hidden within the cabin of the vehicle.

If you set the alarm off, they are calibrated to 108 db within the cab. That is above the threshold for pain. You either get out of the car or you can't see (at that level you close your eyes). Since, its not permanent its legal.

The point is that I used only several watts to do that. You can mount the same piezo tweeter (ultra efficient) to the current horn and probably get a far greater output with no other changes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts