BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Since I've bought my 530, I'm still not happy with the original audio system that comes with it.
I have a 530D, with the NAV system but no equalizer.

As you may have noticed, it seems there is no Loundess with the standard Audio system.
Therefore you cannot control automatically the level of Bass according to the level of sound you have in the car.

The only thing I've noticed, is that the Bass are a lot reduced when you go over a certain level of sound volume. This is really annoying because at low level you tune up the trebble and Bass for a correct sound, then when you increase the volume and go over this specific threshold, no more Bass (or very low).
So far I did not find any solution to remove or to change this threshold.
As a solution, to listen to the music, I keep the sound level below this threshold but it means that this sound level is not very high, too bad!! ;(
That's why I'm posting this mail to know if by any chance someone came across the same problem using the standard audio system of the E39 serie.

Many thanks for your help to solve this issue.

Kind regards.

BMW teamwork

·
Registered
427 Posts
A lot of people (whom were also unsatisfied w/ the stock system) just upgraded their speakers and crossovers. then adjust the new crossovers to your liking.

I don't know of anyone going to much trouble to alter the stock system, besides adding a sub

1 - 2 of 2 Posts