BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
10acG_BMW
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I just got my 1st BMW last week. I have studied the Owner Manual and have searched online and even just finished with a BMW genius and cant get an answer to this.

When playing music, if i am using the Satellite radio, the volume is fine. Dont have to turn it up too much. But as soon as i switch it to FM, Bluetooth, Carplay or even the Music Collection that i downloaded to the car, the volume is extremely low.
I have to adjust it from about 30% volume to almost 60-70%.

Before anyone asks, yes, i have made sure the volume on my phone is at full volume. I have deleted and re-connected my phone as well. The really strange thing is, today, the volume is even lower then it was last week. I could possibly understand if it was just the bluetooth connections that the volume was effected by, but for FM or even the music that i downloaded to the cars hard drive, doesnt make sense. Then when i go from FM, Bluetooth, Carplay, or the Music Collection back to Satellite, or if i get a call, the volume blows my ears out.

Is anyone else having this issue? I cant believe that spending the kind of money one does on a BMW, that this is the actual norm for the radio.

Any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
What I would do is put some music on a USB drive then play it in your car with a shop foreman inside. Then take that same USB drive and put it in another car on the lot. The volume should be the same. If the volume is noticeably different as you say, then leave your car there and have them fix the issue. Having the music on the USB drive allows you to be working with a known standard that isn't altered by any outside influences.

·
Apay Kapoy
968 Posts
Try to reset the tone from the iDrive.

·
False Enthusiast
1,669 Posts
I have noticed the same thing. Satellite radio is the loudest. FM, stored music and iPod are all about the same.
I learned to lower the volume when switching to Sirius and to turn it up when going to other formats.

It's all about opposable thumbs. This is why you never see primates driving BMWs.

jummo

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
75 Posts
My 2018 does that same thing. Something I noticed but it doesn't bother me too much. Just have to turn volume knob. But it is weird that satellite radio is so much louder than iPod.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have noticed the same thing. Satellite radio is the loudest. FM, stored music and iPod are all about the same.
I learned to lower the volume when switching to Sirius and to turn it up when going to other formats.

It's all about opposable thumbs. This is why you never see primates driving BMWs.

jummo

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest
Humans are primates.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Alas, there's no input volume 'balancing' between inputs. In advanced systems, this adjustment is usually under 'inputs' or some sub-menu.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts