BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

Some of the Z3 people wanted to have a kind of tech day, so I will host one on Sat. Aug. 17th at my place in Huntington Beach.
Eric has called it 'Bushing and Tilting by the Shore'. We will be doing the Doug Whalen seat rail bushings and the seat tilt mods.

Here's the roadfly link:

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/z3/forum.php?postid=942728&page=1

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's still on . . .

Even after the vandalism at my place (see Flame). They can't stop us that easily :D

At least a half dozen roadsters have RSVP'd and the honorable (or somewhat :) ) HACK will be there as well. Maybe he can use some of what he sees in one of his articles.

·
^yup, it's me^
2,215 Posts
Re: It's still on . . .

scottn2retro said:

HACK will be there as well. Maybe he can use some of what he sees in one of his articles.
So there will drinks and munchies flowing, scantily clad women? These are a few of Hacks favorite things. I could use a set of bushings and couplers. Drivers side only, the passenger is lucky to be there. Will there be enough to go around or should I order some parts? Oh, tell Eric to bring Max.....Good boy!!!!

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Should be fun . . .

I have a few spare bushings for the seat rail mod if you can't get some from whamac (Doug Whalen) in time. Send him a PM or e-mail to see what he can do.

For the seat tilt mod, Eric5150 on roadfly.org is the guy to e-mail and ask him to pick up a set for you. For one seat, it should be less than $10 I would think.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We're a GO . . .

Looking forward to the herd of Z cars at my place on Sat.

Hope everyone got their bushings from whamac (Doug Whalen). His plan was to issue the first 100 sets free (thank you very much Doug for the development work) and thanks in part to our event, he surpassed that mark last week. :)

Understandably, (one because of Doug's cost to make them and two, it takes away from his other work) he will beging charging for the seat rail bushing upgrades. The cost will be $10 for one seat and $17 for both.

Still not bad for curing that annoying problem of seat movement if your car has it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.