BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey hey hey Stuart!!!! Thanks for being a part of my work day! We had a blast. From all of your posts....I was excited for you to finally arrive at the Performance Center! Hope you enjoy your new BMW!!

All the best,
Donnie Isley

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks for the great write-up and the pictures. It was a pleasure meeting you!

Enjoy :thumbup:
Thanks Jonathan... Great meeting you too! :) Will see you again soon :thumbup:

Hey hey hey Stuart!!!! Thanks for being a part of my work day! We had a blast. From all of your posts....I was excited for you to finally arrive at the Performance Center! Hope you enjoy your new BMW!!

All the best,
Donnie Isley
Hey Donnie... The pleasure was all mine! You guys sure know how to have a good time :D Please let me know if you ever need any help :angel:

A tremendous experience my dear friend... And we wouldn't have missed it for the world! Please extend my gratitude to all who made our day so special and again, a big thanks to you! Susana and I had a truly wonderful time :bigpimp:

If we don't cross paths before then, we'll see you in 2 years time on our next PCD :D

·
BMW Fahrer
4,674 Posts
Well well well... perhaps it's time for Mrs. adc to do a little extra forum reading... :)

Thanks for your report, outstanding!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Very good pictures! Looks just like when I was there, although the sun was shining then. I'm still looking for the time to put the videos on UTube. I'll post it when I get the chance.

Donnie, you look the same in every picture! Are you sure you don't have a portrait in the attic? ;)

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well well well... perhaps it's time for Mrs. adc to do a little extra forum reading... :)

Thanks for your report, outstanding!
:rofl: It worked before... :bigpimp:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Stuart,

I have really enjoyed your PCD report and pictures! My daughter was there on the 13th and 14th for the Teen School and she absolutely loved it! We continued from SC down to FL and she talked NON-STOP to her dad and me all the way from Greenville to Cordele, GA on the 14th! It's been ages since we've heard her talk that much (at least to us!) She had to tell us everything she had done and how much fun she had had. We are so glad we let her do the course.

I totally agree with you--the PCD staff is the best. BMW has a tremendous asset in that group of people! I am glad you had as good an experience as we had. We saw your car while we were there, and it is beautiful. We also saw you and your wife, but I didn't know who you were. Enjoy that beautiful car!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Those pictures are making me miss my own car even more.

Too bad PCD isn't convenient for those of us on the west coast. It looks like a great experience.

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Stuart,

I have really enjoyed your PCD report and pictures! My daughter was there on the 13th and 14th for the Teen School and she absolutely loved it! We continued from SC down to FL and she talked NON-STOP to her dad and me all the way from Greenville to Cordele, GA on the 14th! It's been ages since we've heard her talk that much (at least to us!) She had to tell us everything she had done and how much fun she had had. We are so glad we let her do the course.

I totally agree with you--the PCD staff is the best. BMW has a tremendous asset in that group of people! I am glad you had as good an experience as we had. We saw your car while we were there, and it is beautiful. We also saw you and your wife, but I didn't know who you were. Enjoy that beautiful car!
Funny... I couldn't stop talking about it to my wife too! Just kidding... :angel:

Sorry we didn't connect at the PCD but very happy to learn your daughter had such a wonderful time. It must have been every exciting for her and undoubtedly she gained confidence behind the wheel. I can't wait to have my own daughters experience PCD when they are old enough. That time is nearing far too quickly :(... But I suppose it also has its advantages :roundel:

:bigpimp:

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Those pictures are making me miss my own car even more.

Too bad PCD isn't convenient for those of us on the west coast. It looks like a great experience.
I suggested to Donnie and Jonathan that BMW should open a PCD in California. I also mentioned that I would gladly work there for free! :rofl:

I'll let you know if I receive the job offer :D

·
Piacere di guidare
1,474 Posts
Hmmm. I had considered doing the PCD on my car as well, but ultimately decided it was a bit far from San Diego to do on the heels of an extensive (and expensive) ED trip. Looks as though the experience was worth it. Glad you had fun and didn't bend anything.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Enjoy it while you can. It's my understanding that along with other things that BMW is doing away with is the free PCD.

ASTOQB

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Enjoy it while you can. It's my understanding that along with other things that BMW is doing away with is the free PCD.

ASTOQB
Can you please elaborate? This is news to me :dunno:

I need to post my resume if this is the case.

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hey ASTOQB!! When is my last day working here!? You know something we do not know?
Hey Jonathan and Donnie... I don't think you need worry that much. It is likely that ASTOQB's CA misinformed him :dunno:

Anyway... If you guys need references, you can count on all of us to give you shining letters of recommendations :thumbup: I still have a grin on my face thinking of the day I spend with you at the PCD :D

See you again soon :wave:

·
Registered
217 Posts
If PCD in South Carolina is an option, do I still need to go to Munich to take the delivery of my BMW?

Thank you
No..both are totally independent...you can do each separately/alone or...as we're doing, BOTH. Head to Munich in a little over a week ....then the wait begins once again for PCD.

Twice the fun for our first BMW!

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts
If PCD in South Carolina is an option, do I still need to go to Munich to take the delivery of my BMW?
There are three options for pick-up:

1.) Delivery at the BMW Welt

2.) Delivery at the Performance Center

3.) Delivery at the dealership near you

You can choose one and in some cases two of the above but not all three.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Great write-up and pictorial summary of your experience. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
There are three options for pick-up:

1.) Delivery at the BMW Welt

2.) Delivery at the Performance Center

3.) Delivery at the dealership near you

You can choose one and in some cases two of the above but not all three.
To be more specific, you can choose either:
1+2

21 - 40 of 41 Posts