BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call from my sales advisor today to let me know that my 330i just got off the boat and is currently at the VPC in South Carolina, I should see it in 2 weeks or less.

The better news is that the money factor on my lease just went down.

When I ordered the car, the last week of June, I negoitated to get the current buy rate on the money factor (.00225) and told them that I would want a lower rate if it should go down between then and delivery.

A week later, it goes down to .00195 for July's rate, and the resubmitted my paperwork again to lockin that rate. Today, they called to tell me that it went down to .00175 through the end of August, so they resubmitted the paperwork to BMWFS for me once again. SWEET!

·
Legal Drug Dealer
89 Posts
jd,

what dealer are you using?

·
SashaB
29 Posts
What about residual?

jdiehl said:
I got a call from my sales advisor today to let me know that my 330i just got off the boat and is currently at the VPC in South Carolina, I should see it in 2 weeks or less.

The better news is that the money factor on my lease just went down.

When I ordered the car, the last week of June, I negoitated to get the current buy rate on the money factor (.00225) and told them that I would want a lower rate if it should go down between then and delivery.

A week later, it goes down to .00195 for July's rate, and the resubmitted my paperwork again to lockin that rate. Today, they called to tell me that it went down to .00175 through the end of August, so they resubmitted the paperwork to BMWFS for me once again. SWEET!
Do you by chance know if, along with lowered money factor, the residual went down too?

·
Registered
76 Posts
alexblanc said:
Do you by chance know if, along with lowered money factor, the residual went down too?
I don't think so -- I emailed my client advisor to let them know about the lower MF, and I provided the re-calculated monthly payment. They confirmed that the MF had been lowered and my calculations were correct. My calculations assumed same residual so since the CA confirmed that my payments were correct, this indicates that residual has not gone down.

·
Registered
184 Posts
bk330ci said:
I don't think so -- I emailed my client advisor to let them know about the lower MF, and I provided the re-calculated monthly payment. They confirmed that the MF had been lowered and my calculations were correct. My calculations assumed same residual so since the CA confirmed that my payments were correct, this indicates that residual has not gone down.
IMO, that would be very surprising. Regardless, take it and run.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tdbrph said:
jd,

what dealer are you using?
Autohaus of Clayton

alex - no, my sales advisor didn't mention a different residual value, just that the buy rate on the money factor had gone down to .00175 and they re-locked my rate in for me since my delivery won't be for another week or two.

·
Registered
1 Posts
jdiehl said:
Autohaus of Clayton

alex - no, my sales advisor didn't mention a different residual value, just that the buy rate on the money factor had gone down to .00175 and they re-locked my rate in for me since my delivery won't be for another week or two.
Is it 330i or 330xi?
Cause Captive rates for August have 330i MF .00195 and 330xi MF .00175
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159200

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fedya said:
Is it 330i or 330xi?
Cause Captive rates for August have 330i MF .00195 and 330xi MF .00175
Not saying that the info in that thread is wrong, but my dealership is giving me .00175 on my 330i. I was just there today and verified and took a look at the new paperwork and payment. The figures were exactly how I calculated it, and it's .00175 for my 330i.

I had already been dropped down to .00195 back in the first week of July.

Perhaps that thread has misinformation, or my dealership screwed up and is accidently giving me the 300xi lease rates. :angel:

·
Registered
76 Posts
jdiehl said:
Not saying that the info in that thread is wrong, but my dealership is giving me .00175 on my 330i. I was just there today and verified and took a look at the new paperwork and payment. The figures were exactly how I calculated it, and it's .00175 for my 330i.

I had already been dropped down to .00195 back in the first week of July.

Perhaps that thread has misinformation, or my dealership screwed up and is accidently giving me the 300xi lease rates. :angel:
Same for me -- maybe 1-2 weeks ago someone on Bimmerfest mentioned that the MF for 2006 330i was lowering from .00195 to .00175

I mentioned this to my CA and she confirmed this, and she confirmed that the new lease payment that I calculated (based on .00175 MF) was correct

So this is a second datapoint that contradicts the August2006 rate posted by LeaseCompare

·
SashaB
29 Posts
bk330ci said:
Same for me -- maybe 1-2 weeks ago someone on Bimmerfest mentioned that the MF for 2006 330i was lowering from .00195 to .00175

I mentioned this to my CA and she confirmed this, and she confirmed that the new lease payment that I calculated (based on .00175 MF) was correct

So this is a second datapoint that contradicts the August2006 rate posted by LeaseCompare
Mine claims it is .00195 Would a dealer chime in and let us all know what the true 330i August money factor is? thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alexblanc said:
Mine claims it is .00195 Would a dealer chime in and let us all know what the true 330i August money factor is? thanks!
What more do you really need? My dealer (and other's that have reported the same .00175 money factor) aren't going to give us below buy-rate money factor deals and lose money on the financing. I didn't do extra deposits, and they're charging me only the standard $625 acquisition fee, which can't be negotiated down further. I went to the dealership yesterday and saw the new paperwork for myself (car should arrive tomorrow or Tue), with the lease worksheet printout showing the .00175 money factor and my new, lowered monthly payment (it also got my payment w/ tax under $550 and reduced my single security deposit from $600 to $550. :thumbup: ).

You hit the nail on the head though, your dealer "claims" it is .00195. That's just another way of saying, they're flat out lying to you and want to make points on the financing. My sales advisor called ME with the new money factor deal (on 7/28) and put it through BMWFS on her own (apparently this rate could be locked in back then, unlike the normal rate changes that typically occur at the 1st of the month).

Bottom line, for future orders, you might consider finding a better dealer/salesperson that's looking to make a customer long-term. The one you're working with now is either giving you the run around trying to make an extra buck, or doesn't care enough to actual check the current 330i rates that they could re-lock you in with.

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
jdiehl said:
What more do you really need? My dealer (and other's that have reported the same .00175 money factor) aren't going to give us below buy-rate money factor deals and lose money on the financing. I didn't do extra deposits, and they're charging me only the standard $625 acquisition fee, which can't be negotiated down further. I went to the dealership yesterday and saw the new paperwork for myself (car should arrive tomorrow or Tue), with the lease worksheet printout showing the .00175 money factor and my new, lowered monthly payment (it also got my payment w/ tax under $550 and reduced my single security deposit from $600 to $550. :thumbup: ).

You hit the nail on the head though, your dealer "claims" it is .00195. That's just another way of saying, they're flat out lying to you and want to make points on the financing. My sales advisor called ME with the new money factor deal (on 7/28) and put it through BMWFS on her own (apparently this rate could be locked in back then, unlike the normal rate changes that typically occur at the 1st of the month).

Bottom line, for future orders, you might consider finding a better dealer/salesperson that's looking to make a customer long-term. The one you're working with now is either giving you the run around trying to make an extra buck, or doesn't care enough to actual check the current 330i rates that they could re-lock you in with.
Interesting as your rate doesn't show up here...other outgoing 3ers have that rate but not the 330 (non xi) sedan.:dunno:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
70 Posts
Another data point ... my CA confirmed the August MF for 2006 330i - 36 month lease as 0.00175 (actually, 0.00215 with the dealership markup of 0.0004 :tsk: ). Still, it's a whopping 0.0005 points off the June number (for a savings of over $40 a month) -- I'm pleased!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FYI - I picked up my car earlier today and signed the lease paperwork. As I mentioned before, the MF is .00175 for my 330i. Signed, sealed, delivered. Leasecompare needs to update their thread with accurate info.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep, I ordered my 330i about 2 weeks ago and got the .00175 that everybody is talking about. Time to update LeaseCompare's figures !! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts