BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pretty entertaining read.

Gotta love Griots and their fan base getting uppity in the letters. In-D-Haus, is one of the letters yours?

Best line though is the Name Withheld who says that buyers of a Bangled BMW have no taste.:lmao:

Some good info also on the 2003 models and trends in sales.

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
Yeah, but nothing was funnier, nor more pathetic, than the writer who complained about the alleged crucifixion pose of a driver. Talk about someone being hyper-sensitive. Jeez...

The editor's reponse was great though. Should make the writer feel like the idiot he was acting.

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
How long before BMWCCA begins sending the Roundel? I joined in the 2nd half of June after I received my car. I've got my membership card and such, but that has been it so far.

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
Cliff3 said:
How long before BMWCCA begins sending the Roundel? I joined in the 2nd half of June after I received my car. I've got my membership card and such, but that has been it so far.
I got my first Roundel pretty soon after my memberships cards showed up.

The August Roundel just arrived on Saturday, so I'll bet plenty of people are still waiting to get their issues.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Cliff3 said:
Us west coasters are ****ed. I don't ususally get my Roundel until the middle of the month, and they send it out at the beginning of the month.

I guess what happened is you send in your application in the 2nd half of June, all the paperwork was processed early July thus you won't be receiving your July issue of Roundel. If you don't receive your August issue by the 15th then you should probably contact the headquarters of BMWCCA.

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Thanks. I checked my card and it looks like my anniversary date is 7/15, so I guess it took them a couple of weeks or more to process my application. I'll be looking forward to something in my mailbox that is not a bill nor addressed to Occupant.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
YUP! that's me! Our local chapted solicited a letter writing campaign to Roundel over the comments that were made. Griots folks are great supporters and members of our chapter.

My name is Doug Haussler, if you want to read my letter.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
The HACK said:

Us west coasters are ****ed. I don't ususally get my Roundel until the middle of the month, and they send it out at the beginning of the month
....snip.
They prolly mail it out in zip code order hehe.

my zip is 219xx, but the west coast are like 90210

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Re: It drives HACK nuts . . .

scottn2retro said:
but I usually get mine about a week before he does. Can't explain why.
Can't explain why it drives me nuts?! I'll tell you why it drives me NUTS!

:dunno:

I'll bring my tools next NEXT saturday. Do you need sandpaper and other odds and ends?

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
For background, when the Rachlin article came out in the June(?) Roundel that was not too complementary to Griots, the folks at Griots called up our local chapter pres and said "What gives? we support you guys and you write this about us?"

Not good...that's why the local chapter solicited members to "give feedback" to Mr. Rachlin about his comments.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Hey HACK . . .

I meant I can't explain why I seem to get mine sooner. I can certainly understand why it drives you nuts. I'm at a loss to explain why with both us in the same general area (SoCal) why there would be such a difference. Perhaps some inefficiency at the local Post Office in your town. :dunno:

Any tools, jack, jackstands, etc. would be appreciated. I asked one of the guys that RSVP'd to bring HEAVY grit sandpaper (make it quicker).

Maybe you can use some of what you see in your next Whispering Bomb article?

Hey Haus - I guess I should pull out the Roundel, but for non members here, what kind of stuff did Yale say about Griot's?

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Re: Hey HACK . . .

scottn2retro said:
I meant I can't explain why I seem to get mine sooner. I can certainly understand why it drives you nuts. I'm at a loss to explain why with both us in the same general area (SoCal) why there would be such a difference. Perhaps some inefficiency at the local Post Office in your town. :dunno:

...snip...

I was only kidding man...I'm not that dense. ;)

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
I thought you were kidding . . .

I was only kidding man...I'm not that dense.
. . . but wanted to make sure. I heard some people got touchy last week :angel:

Hey Haus - I'm not aware of any special privileges for roadster owners (but I'd certainly entertain any offered) - I thought those were reserved for e46 M3 owners. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts