BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Gone Motoring!
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how about a bimmer meet and a drive? i dont have anything planned... gf in taiwan, don't want to go anywhere coz i have a puppy at home...

--Andrew
 

·
Gone Motoring!
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm... I guess I'll just be chilling at the pool this weekend... =) where the hell is Eugene? i guess he's prolly off to Kileen too... oh well...

--Andrew
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,341 Posts
It's a possibility for me.
I have a party to go to on Saturday, but other than that...
I just got my fat S-03s (255/40/17) installed and I'm supposed to take it easy to break them in... know any good drives?
 

·
Gone Motoring!
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JetBlack330i said:
It's a possibility for me.
I have a party to go to on Saturday, but other than that...
I just got my fat S-03s (255/40/17) installed and I'm supposed to take it easy to break them in... know any good drives?
Lime Creek Rd :thumb:

--Andrew
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,341 Posts
ayn said:


Lime Creek Rd :thumb:

--Andrew
If I play my cards right with the boss, I'll be allowed to be there. :bigpimp:
Sorry I have to ask... where is Lime Creek Rd?
When?
 

·
Gone Motoring!
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JetBlack330i said:

If I play my cards right with the boss, I'll be allowed to be there. :bigpimp:
Sorry I have to ask... where is Lime Creek Rd?
When?
Take 2222 toward 620, go straight after 620, and you will make a left and the "T", and i think u'll be at Lime Creek Rd. I don't think Jana actually wanna join us for a drive, she just lives there so she said she'll be there. (well, she lives close enough, and she's gonna actually like there later)...

Lemme know if you wanna go for a drive, I'll be up for it. E-mail me! Thanks!

--Andrew
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,341 Posts
You've got mail (at your listed e-mail address). :)
 

·
Gone Motoring!
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so JetBlack330i and I are going to meet up for lunch and go for a drive today, feel free to come by and join us... 11:30 at Rudy's on Research.

--Andrew
 

·
Gone Motoring!
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alex Baumann said:
Andrew, don't forget to shoot some pix :)

Have fun !!
oh alright, then i should go wash my car! we only have 2 ppl so far (including me!)... i see more bimmers in my work parking lot... but yeah, i'll bring my digicam with me then...

--Andrew
 

·
Gone Motoring!
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nate328Ci said:
I like driving in the hill country :)

I remember driving down 2222 once :D
yeah, some nice roads, but I usually don't push it that hard on those roads, there are always a few idiots there trying to get some cheap fun.

So TWS next weekend huh? nice! I wish I can go! Have fun! and let us know how the ///M5 do... At PCA events u'll prolly get ur ass kicked, but Driver's Edge got a lot of novice and lesser cars. There are usually quite a few Vipers there who spin out like every other corner...

--Andrew
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
ayn said:


yeah, some nice roads, but I usually don't push it that hard on those roads, there are always a few idiots there trying to get some cheap fun.

So TWS next weekend huh? nice! I wish I can go! Have fun! and let us know how the ///M5 do... At PCA events u'll prolly get ur ass kicked, but Driver's Edge got a lot of novice and lesser cars. There are usually quite a few Vipers there who spin out like every other corner...

--Andrew
Yup, next weekend.

Get my ass kicked, it isn't a race ;) Yea, the 911s will be faster than the M5. Interestingly, when I did the PCA schools in New Orleans driving my 328Ci, I never felt pressured by them and only got passed a few times. I only remember one Porsche passing me, a 911 Turbo, when I moved up to the solo/advanced group :dunno:

I have been working on my shifting techniques. I think that I will be able to sucessfully heel-toe the M5 :angel:
 

·
Gone Motoring!
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jpgurl (jana) said:


Hey Andrew et al...

Sorry I missed your posts. We did go out there a few times this weekend but only to show the relatives the future location of casa de jana. Hope you and JetBlack 330 had a good time! Maybe next time...

Where's those pics?

-j
sorry, forgot to bring my digicam... it was fun.

--Andrew
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,341 Posts
ayn said:


sorry, forgot to bring my digicam... it was fun.

--Andrew
I second that. Thanks ayn for a fun afternoon.
Even if I had a camera, I don't think I'd have any chance for pictures. It was a solid hour packed with curve carving. We only stopped to turn arround at the end of the road and start the curve carving all over again. :thumb:
 

·
Gone Motoring!
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JetBlack330i said:

I second that. Thanks ayn for a fun afternoon.
Even if I had a camera, I don't think I'd have any chance for pictures. It was a solid hour packed with curve carving. We only stopped to turn arround at the end of the road and start the curve carving all over again. :thumb:
yeah, too bad there were a few really slow cars blocking us, but we still managed to do maybe 10 really fun fast and tight turns. :thumb:

--Andrew
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top