BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2016 328xi with adaptive LEDs. Had the switch in auto and pressed the button to activate the feature (green indicator lit indicating it was active). Even on completely dark roads the high beams never activated. Anyone else had this experience?

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Have a 2016 328xi with adaptive LEDs. Had the switch in auto and pressed the button to activate the feature (green indicator lit indicating it was active). Even on completely dark roads the high beams never activated. Anyone else had this experience?
We have a 2016 328GT that was coded for the Anti Dazzle and we have no problems with our high beams. Now how fast are you going? I know for the auto high beams to work you have be going faster then 20 mph.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a 2016 328GT that was coded for the Anti Dazzle and we have no problems with our high beams. Now how fast are you going? I know for the auto high beams to work you have be going faster then 20 mph.
Thanks for the feedback. Was driving between 25 and 55 mph and nothing. Roads were totally dark with no street lights. I'll have to make a service appointment.

·
BMW Fanatic
430 Posts
I now this sound stupid, but I will ask anyway. Do you have a toll road tag that is mounted in the windscreen. The sensor for high beam assist is below the central rear view mirror and if you mount the tag just below the mounting for the mirror, you can obstruct the high beam sensor.

As I say, I apologise since you may already be aware of this, but thought I would just check.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The sensor for my adaptive LEDs seems quite sensitive to light. On a street with street lights and front porch lights, they'll often stay in low beam even with no traffic anywhere nearby.

But on darker roads, they've always switched to high beam pretty much immediately.

If your windshield sensor isn't blocked per the previous post, sounds like it's time for a dealer visit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses - figured the issue out.

My radar detector has a red light on it when on. The sensor seems to be picking it up thinking it is a taillight. Going to put some electrical tape over the light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts