BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lead Foot
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Utilizing Susn Koman Foundation facilities, I drove the 750i yesterday. After reading (now I find) many false reports in a number of automobile magazines, I expected a 30 minute or more indocrination on how to operate this particular model. Within 3 minutes the drivers door was closed by the instructor and I started and drove off with no difficulty. This is a great car with many new inovationsand it is a damned shame this bunch of babies whined to the point of almost ruining the sales of this particular model BMW. Sure, it takes a bit of practice to use the I drive knob, so what, in no time at all I figured it out and I am no mental genius and am older than most of you guys and gals. My opinion, sorry writers.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
But the real difference is that the magazine writers at least get the model number right. :tsk:

·
Exit Flagger
288 Posts
rwebbe said:
Utilizing Susn Koman Foundation facilities, I drove the 750i yesterday. After reading (now I find) many false reports in a number of automobile magazines, I expected a 30 minute or more indocrination on how to operate this particular model. Within 3 minutes the drivers door was closed by the instructor and I started and drove off with no difficulty. This is a great car with many new inovationsand it is a damned shame this bunch of babies whined to the point of almost ruining the sales of this particular model BMW. Sure, it takes a bit of practice to use the I drive knob, so what, in no time at all I figured it out and I am no mental genius and am older than most of you guys and gals. My opinion, sorry writers.
Then please buy one. It needs all the help you can give it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
um, maybe you misread their reviews?

i think there are two issues they touch upon:

1. styling
2. iDrive

dynamically, the consensus has been that the car drives quite well.

so......do you think maybe you misinterpreted their points?

·
Lead Foot
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be.

Sorry guys. I may have been too verbal on this. I can however recall some of the writers making unholy noises re: the lengthy indoctrination on boith start up and shut down procedures such as ignition swith, start button, shift lever reverse and park position. The various and many settings require a co-pilot for safety or an in garage consultation. Let's face it, this is not a Model "A" for sure. If you can't accept drastic change, a stripped down Focus is the answer. My loyalty to the brand shows up once in awhile. I apologize.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.