BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how to adjust the position of the passenger side rearview mirror when you put the car in reverse? I would like it to give me a view that is closer to my car. I was able to do this in my old Benz CLK. Is the same thing possible in my M3?

Thanks.

·
Banned
9,623 Posts
Joe_Martinic said:
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how to adjust the position of the passenger side rearview mirror when you put the car in reverse? I would like it to give me a view that is closer to my car. I was able to do this in my old Benz CLK. Is the same thing possible in my M3?

Thanks.
AFAIK, the auto-tilt feature isn't adjustable.
However, what I did was turn off the auto-tilt function. Then I set both mirrors to where I'd like to see the curbs, and set them at the "position 3" setting on the side of the seat. So when you pull up to a curb on either side of the car, just tap the "#3" on the side of your seat and both mirrors tilt. Hit "#1" and they return to normal position.

·
Lurking around since 2005
1,349 Posts
nice solution Joker

oh btw, my dad's car driver seats acting weird, when driving occasionally teh controls dont work and you can't adjust teh seat, any ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pvt. Joker said:
AFAIK, the auto-tilt feature isn't adjustable.
However, what I did was turn off the auto-tilt function. Then I set both mirrors to where I'd like to see the curbs, and set them at the "position 3" setting on the side of the seat. So when you pull up to a curb on either side of the car, just tap the "#3" on the side of your seat and both mirrors tilt. Hit "#1" and they return to normal position.
NICE! Never thought of that. That is why I love this place. Thinking outside the box. Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts